ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google execs may go to prison!

(1/2) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Google executives could face a year in jail

Italian prosecutors demand stiff sentences in Google Video case

Rosalie Marshall

V3.co.uk, 26 Nov 2009

Just a day after Google got into legal hot water in Germany, it emerged that four of the firm's executives standing trial in Italy could face a year's prison sentence following charges of defamation and failure to exercise control over personal data.

Defence lawyer Giuseppe Bana reportedly said that prosecutors had asked Judge Oscar Magni for one-year sentences, after allowing a clip to be posted on Google Video in Italy showing a boy with Down's Syndrome being bullied by four classmates.
--- End quote ---

See full article at http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2254026/google-executives-face-jail

Ehtyar:
*sigh* I thought the circus was supposed to come to town periodically, not take up permanent residence.

Ehtyar.

Eóin:
As ludicrous as I consider this case to be I must say I love the idea of jail time for executives whose companies break the law. Damn right!

f0dder:
As ludicrous as I consider this case to be I must say I love the idea of jail time for executives whose companies break the law. Damn right!
-Eóin (November 26, 2009, 08:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Amen to that!

iphigenie:
still, if "allowing a clip to be posted" is breaking the law, it's the end of the open web

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version