ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 2.08.01 - EARLY BETA with scrolling cap

(1/8) > >>

mouser:
this is an early beta - do NOT install this if you dont want to help test.  just wait until next stable release.
it seems stable to me and the new object capture mode can be disabled, but still i recommend normal users just wait.

youll find a new tab of options called "Red Box Capture" in the preferences which control the use of this new mode.

i think the new code adds a lot to the program - it's not just scrolling capture, its a new interface for capturing objects and regions - you can even leave it open and capture multiple windows and stuff before returning to screenshot captor main window:

mouser:
early brave betatesters can download at:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Beta/ScreenshotCaptor.exe

ps.
i've got one or two more things i'd like to add before this becomes screenshot captor v3, but i think it's getting there.

Carol Haynes:
There seems to be a problem if you have XDesk running at the same time.

As a first attempt I tried to capture just the scrolling part of the BBC.co.uk home page in Internet Explorer.

If XDesk is closed there is no problem, but if XDesk is open Ctrl+Shift+Click when the red box is active captures only the part of the page visible, then brings up an XDesk window (thumbnails of all desktops) and finally tries to complete the capture umpteen times with unpredictable results - sometimes it simply grabs the XDesk windo too (so I end up with an L shaped capture of both windows) and sometimes I end up with the following (scroll the image to the right - sorry it is so large I haven't got any resizing software installed at the moment):

Carol Haynes:
Another couple of things:

1) How do you determine window class names to use the exceptions? Are you going to provide a drag and drop tool for this?

2) Directory Opus panes don't seem to scroll consistently (but again that may be an XDesk compatability issues as it seems to work when XDesk is not running).

3) See what you mean about firefox - seriously don't try and capture a full screen scrolling window if you suffer from epilepsy !

4) Ideally the red tips should be displayed inside the RedSquare as it is not visible capturing full screen whole windows.

Carol Haynes:
By the way folks if people want to test this version and give feedback without affecting the current version you have installed do the following:

1) Download the beta version and use an archive program to unzip the installer contents to the desktop in its own folder
2) Open the folder and delete the installer
3) Exit ScreenShot Captor if it is running
4) Double click ScreenShotCaptor.exe in folder

This will use the ini file in the new folder and not affect your currently installed version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version