ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Search

<< < (2/3) > >>

majoMO:
I'm using the stand alone SearchMyFiles from NirSoft. Little and quick.

It allows you to easily search files in your system by wildcard, by last modified/created/last accessed time, by file attributes, by file content (text or binary search), and by the file size. SearchMyFiles allows you to make a very accurate search that cannot be done with Windows search. For Example: You can search all files created in the last 10 minutes with size between 500 and 700 bytes.
After you made a search, you can select one or more files, and save the list into text/html/csv/xml file, or copy the list to the clipboard.
SearchMyFiles is portable, and you can use it from a USB flash drive without leaving traces in the Registry of the scanned computer.

--- End quote ---

sajman99:
Oldie but goodie freeware Agent Ransack.

lanux128:
Thanks, but what do you use to make FARR search the files ?-ron101 (November 26, 2009, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

try this Farr plugin: TinyEV which integrates "Everything" into Farr.

tomos:
or here's the everything one
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16582.msg146677#msg146677
-tomos (November 26, 2009, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

try this Farr plugin: TinyEV which integrates "Everything" into Farr.
-lanux128 (November 26, 2009, 09:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

there seems to be two everything plugins(?) - the thread lanux links to seems to be more active

ron101:
Thank you all of you, how do i make the tinyEV work im a bit puzzled, i put it in the plugin folder (the zip file  FARR_TinyEv-0.9.5.zip) then what??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version