ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Virtual Drive/Folder on computer that lets you run remote softwares?

(1/2) > >>

snail02:
Hi,
I recently came across Skydrive Explorer, which lets you store, copy, and delete files of upto 50 mb in size onto your Microsoft Skydrive's online storage. This is great, but it doesn't really let me 'open' the file. I could view an mp3 file as if it's in a local folder, but couldn't just play it with my media player - i would have to download it first fully, then work with it.

Is there a similar service/software which lets you not only do the above, but also lets you "run" the file in real time - sort of like streaming of an mp3 file, or running of a portable application, as if it was a file on your computer?
Thanks.

snail02:
bump..

f0dder:
I doubt any free/cheap service will let you do this - whereas browsing remote storage can be done by coding a shell extension, which is relatively easy, being able to open/execute directly (without download-to-%temp% hacks) requires writing a redirection driver... which is substantial more work than a shell extension.

snail02:
ehm...whatever you said went over my head...

wraith808:
Probably not, because it's a lot of work and quite complex, is the jist of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version