ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need audio driver(s) for SigmaTel in Windows 7 ...

(1/2) > >>

barney:
OK,

Disaster just struck.  Restarted Win7, & the audio drivers won't load ... been working fine under Win7RC and even under Win7 for the last week or so.  However when I attempt to reload the drivers, Win7 says the installer won't work - even though it did before <sigh />.  Thought I needed to download new drivers, but having a damnable time finding the right download.  Win7 won't identify the sound card, just tells me it's high definition.  None of the hardware recognition & listing software I've used in the past tells me anything more.  Finally reinstalled Belarc Advisor, and it tells me the sound card is SigmaTel, Inc. - C-Major Audio Version 1.0.5405.0 nd574 .  Unfortunately, I can't use that to find the appropriate codecs on Gateway or SigmaTel site(s).

Box is a Gateway GT5064, 2.8 G cpu, 3 G ram, terabyte drives, sound card embedded on motherboard, if any of that is significant.

W/O sound, I lose a significant portion of usability, i.e., alerts, warnings, audio & video tutorials, voice chat, teleconferencing ... you get the picture.

Does anyone have any idea how to counteract this situation?

(Actually, I was pretty fond of Win7 up until now, in spite of a few unwarranted - to my mind - restrictions.)

Please help if you can ... I'm open to just about any suggestion (no, not Linux ... that's on another partition <chortle />.)

40hz:
Hi:

You most likely need this:

Download from this link:

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=21615&dscr=WIndows%20Vista%20(32-bit%20or%2064-bit)%20Sigmatel%20HD%20Audio%20Driver%206.10.5405.0

Luck! :Thmbsup:

daor79:
OK,

Disaster just struck.  Restarted Win7, & the audio drivers won't load ... been working fine under Win7RC and even under Win7 for the last week or so.  However when I attempt to reload the drivers, Win7 says the installer won't work - even though it did before <sigh />.  Thought I needed to download new drivers, but having a damnable time finding the right download.  Win7 won't identify the sound card, just tells me it's high definition.  None of the hardware recognition & listing software I've used in the past tells me anything more.  Finally reinstalled Belarc Advisor, and it tells me the sound card is SigmaTel, Inc. - C-Major Audio Version 1.0.5405.0 nd574 .  Unfortunately, I can't use that to find the appropriate codecs on Gateway or SigmaTel site(s).
-barney (November 24, 2009, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you need SigmaTel Drivers for Win7 try this link http://www.windows7update.com/Windows7-SigmaTelDrivers.html

edited to remove spam links hidden in quoted text. -app103

Innuendo:
If you need SigmaTel Drivers for Win7 try this link http://www.windows7update.com/Windows7-SigmaTelDrivers.html-daor79 (November 25, 2009, 12:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Never heard of www.windows7update.com so thought I'd check it out. The page referenced gives a link to Microsoft's web site. I was using Firefox so I got an error message that I needed to be using IE8.

Fair enough...so I tried through IE8 & that link just leads to the Microsoft Update Catalog & returns 1,000 search results which none on the first page were what the OP needs.

I think 40hz has the right answer.

barney:
Hi:

You most likely need this:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Download from this link:

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=21615&dscr=WIndows%20Vista%20(32-bit%20or%2064-bit)%20Sigmatel%20HD%20Audio%20Driver%206.10.5405.0

Luck! :Thmbsup:
-40hz (November 24, 2009, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thx, 40Hz, but that's the one that gave me an error ... not the correct audio drive for this system <sigh />.

Tried several others, to no avail.  This is really pulling my cork <groan />.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version