topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MoveOut & DimScreen flagged by PrevX as being a danger to my computer's health  (Read 6291 times)

Thingumybob

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
My security program PrevX just signaled MoveOut and DimScreen as containing malware (a trojan). Both progs were downloaded direct from DonationCoder. This 'risk' was signaled immediately after a download and before installation in the case of MoveOut and after installation in the case of Dim Screen.

Strangely a download at the same time of "White" hasn't signaled anything (but I haven't tried to install it yet!).

Is PrevX wrong or ... :-/

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Prevx is wrong, very wrong.  This is a false positive that is frequently triggered on developers using the Autohotkey programming langauge, and it's driving programmers crazy.

You can read more about it here:
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=15210.0

Thingumybob

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks. I'll tell PrevX

Thingumybob

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just sent this to Prevx SUpport "I use Prevx 3. I just tried to download & install two programs available via Donationcoder.com called DimScreen & MoveOut. They are coded using Autohotkey. Prevx alerted me that they had malware. According to Donationcoder.com this is a false alert http://z.pe/F6K . Please up-date Prevx. Thanks."