Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 22, 2014, 10:38:13 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Blacklist patch for Acrylic DNS Proxy (Delphi 7)  (Read 2520 times)
electronixtar

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:50:39 PM »

Hi DC,

I need a dns proxy, and Acrylic DNS Proxy works but only lacks one thing: blacklisting certain IP from DNS answers.

Luckily Acrylic DNS Proxy is open source software written in Delph 7, and I need DC community to help adding this little function.

In AcrylicConfiguration.ini I hope there's a new section

[BlockedIPSection]
IP1=192.168.1.*
IP2=192.168.2.2
IP3=
IPn=
Default=127.0.0.1

So whenever PrimaryServerAddress answers 192.168.1.1, Acrylic will continue lookup on SecondaryServerAddress, if it still answers 192.168.1.* or 192.168.2.2, then to TertiaryServerAddress until a correct answer is retrieved.

If all answers were in the blacklist, I hope Acrylic could yield SERVERFAIL if there's no Default IP.

And Acrylic can log this fail.

I know under one circumstance things might get somehow complicated, when DNS returns multiple records and one of them unfortunately were included in the blacklist, I hope that IP could be eliminated in the protocol level and cache only the rest of correct answers. If this is hard to implement, simply return SERVERFAIL.

I hope this won't take you guys too much time, and any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you guys!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:59:47 PM by electronixtar » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.18 ]