topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: automated mp3 rip from video clip  (Read 84828 times)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: automated mp3 rip from video clip
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 03:22 AM »
I haven't worked out the details, but it seems like it might be possible to apply Drag and Drop Robot to get generated mp3 files to play.

michaelkenward

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • Broken monitor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 11:54 AM »
Nice little gadget.

I have had a video file sitting on my desk for months, waiting for me to get round to extracting the sound file. Too next to no time to deal with it.

Thanks.

MK

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 12:17 PM »
You're welcome.  I'm glad you found it useful.   :)

apogee22

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2011, 04:12 PM »
Oh! Ive been using this for a few years now, thank you! javascript:void(0); I have version 1.0.0.1 on the box now. Now do I understand that this is a repackaged mencoder.exe? Also I have always been surprised that the output bitrate is not adjustable and is not discussed or mentioned, not here in the thread or in the package. Does it copy the bitrate from the source? Maybe this could appear in config.ini. Sorry if I've missed something.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2011, 04:42 PM »
Oh! Ive been using this for a few years now, thank you!

You're welcome.   :)

I have version 1.0.0.1 on the box now. Now do I understand that this is a repackaged mencoder.exe? Also I have always been surprised that the output bitrate is not adjustable and is not discussed or mentioned, not here in the thread or in the package. Does it copy the bitrate from the source? Maybe this could appear in config.ini. Sorry if I've missed something.

Yes, this packages mencoder.exe within the video2mp3.exe file.  The output bitrate is currently non-adjustable (defaulted at 160 kbp/s) because that is what the OP (original poster) wanted for his sister.  Until ewemoa's request for a specifiable output directory, this app didn't even have an INI file.   :D

Aaliyah8

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2011, 07:15 PM »
From what you have described above, I guess you may need some kind of video converter which asks you to add video URL and then you can download mp3 straightly. Another method to rip mp3 from video automatically is that you could try to use some audio recorders to record audio streams as mp3.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:27 PM by Aaliyah8 »

highend01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2011, 07:33 PM »
this app didn't even have an INI file.

May I ask if you can add one so that we're able to overwrite the default value of 160kbit or as an alternative to add it to the cli syntax (e.g. "-bitrate 192")?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 01:03 PM »
May I ask if you can add one so that we're able to overwrite the default value of 160kbit or as an alternative to add it to the cli syntax (e.g. "-bitrate 192")

Here you go.  See included help.txt file for instructions.

Website | Download
    v1.0.3 - 2011-11-08
        + Added ability to specify audio bitrate of generated MP3 files.
          See included help.txt file for instructions.  (Thanks, highend01)

highend01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Thank you skwire!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2011, 03:37 PM »
You're welcome.  Did you have a chance to test it out?

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 04:22 PM »
What video formats are accepted? Thanks.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 04:24 PM »
Uhhhh...anything that mEncoder can process?   :D  I've tested with FLV, MP4, AVI, and MKV.  Feel free to try whatever, though.

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2013, 03:31 PM »
Ok, thanks. That's helpful. The reason I asked is because when searching for converter software and narrowing down the field to the ones I want to try, the versatile ones are more attractive. I didn't see anything mentioned here.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2013, 03:49 PM »
Ok, thanks. That's helpful. The reason I asked is because when searching for converter software and narrowing down the field to the ones I want to try, the versatile ones are more attractive. I didn't see anything mentioned here.

Oh, man, there are tons of video converters out there.  Mine works the way it does because it was specifically requested to by the original poster.  In other words, I wasn't trying to compete with any of the others out there...just fulfilling a request.  If you're looking for options and such, you'd definitely be better off using a different application.  If you're looking for something that will quickly create a throw-away type of audio track, this might fit the bill.  =]

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52 AM »
... Mine works the way it does because it was specifically requested to by the original poster.  In other words, I wasn't trying to compete with any of the others out there...just fulfilling a request.  If you're looking for options and such, you'd definitely be better off using a different application.  If you're looking for something that will quickly create a throw-away type of audio track, this might fit the bill.  =]
Ah, yes ... sure enough, that's basically what it says in the OP. Heh, I didn't take that into account  :-[ Even so, the question of input formats was still open. But universality could be reasonably assumed given the no-brains, no-fuss goal of the program.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Even so, the question of input formats was still open.

Agreed!  I'm lazy.  Hahaha.  :D  For the record, the mEncoder binary does the grunt work of this app and it seems to support just about any format I've thrown at it. 

whippy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2014, 01:57 AM »
can I use it to save the video and discard the audio?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2014, 12:00 PM »
can I use it to save the video and discard the audio?

No, that's not the purpose of this application.

Xennon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2014, 12:01 AM »
Uhhhh...anything that mEncoder can process?   :D  I've tested with FLV, MP4, AVI, and MKV.  Feel free to try whatever, though.

Hi again Jody, I just had cause to use your little app on a massive video file - 4+ Gb in MKV format however dragging it onto this utility yields the *no-go* icon (circle with a line through it).  As you mentioned it supports MKV I'm wondering if something else might be preventing it from looking at the MKV i tried - maybe it's too big?  I tried a few others - all are huge MKV files and none of them would *drop* on this app.

Any ideas?

PS:  Just tired it with a few other MKV files, small ones, and the same thing happens - the app refuses to accept them when trying to drop them onto the app's window.  I assume that there must be something about the MKV itself that it doesn't like but I dunno what.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:13 AM by Xennon, Reason: More testing »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2014, 12:21 AM »
Any ideas?

Are you running it from a UAC protected folder?  That's about the only thing I can think of.

I just tested it with a six gig MKV and it seemed to work.  That said, I never really designed this app for such large files.  It was initially made for small YouTube clips so you might be better served using one of the more full featured video-to-audio converter programs out there.  There are a myriad of them for sure.

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2015, 03:15 AM »
I am sorry to rehash this thread, but I wanted to appeal to skwire for a request:

A interface. Any interface. A blank page that says "drag video here" is even better than nothing. Dragging a video into the application icon is really a cumbersome and time consuming for people like me who use FARR or shortcuts.  One workaround I have come up with is to put video2mp3 into my sendto menu and send videos that way, but a drag-n-drop window would be great ^_^

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2015, 01:09 PM »
I recommend using Format Factory for things like this. You can do a lot with it and it's free. http://www.pcfreetime.com/

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2015, 12:51 PM »
A interface. Any interface.

I appreciate the sentiment, but Video2MP3 was written for a specific request by the original poster and, thus, is extremely basic and barely configurable.  It will remain that way because there are innumerable other more capable media converter apps out there that I just do not see the need to write an interface for Video2MP3.  @c.gingerich pointed out one above but that is just one of MANY.

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2015, 10:43 AM »
I appreciate your feelings skwire.  using video2mp3 via sendto menu is a good enough workaround for me. To keep an open mind, i will try format factory. Thanks guys!

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2015, 09:24 AM »
A interface. Any interface. A blank page that says "drag video here" is even better than nothing. Dragging a video into the application icon is really a cumbersome and time consuming for people like me who use FARR or shortcuts.  One workaround I have come up with is to put video2mp3 into my sendto menu and send videos that way, but a drag-n-drop window would be great ^_^

I have a basic drop window for my personal usage. it has no function of its own other than to pass the filename to skwire's app. if you want, i can post it here.

drop window