ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Forte Agent reaches 6.0, now with "hide quoted text"

<< < (4/5) > >>

Innuendo:
I wish they would get out of their little mailing-list world and open up to hearing the comments of their other users.-superboyac (November 24, 2009, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mailing list world? Sure, accessing their support is accessible through a mailing list, but it's far from the only way. You can also access the same channel through the web & through usenet. No other company has so many ways to tap into their support channel.

superboyac:
I wish they would get out of their little mailing-list world and open up to hearing the comments of their other users.-superboyac (November 24, 2009, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mailing list world? Sure, accessing their support is accessible through a mailing list, but it's far from the only way. You can also access the same channel through the web & through usenet. No other company has so many ways to tap into their support channel.
-Innuendo (November 24, 2009, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
I just think the whole mailing list method is no good.  It's an obstacle to the (subjective) preferred method which is public web forums.  As you can tell, I got the idea that my suggestions for the editor was uncommon because the only people responding were mailing list people.  And they are probably a very small percentage of the Bat users.  if it were a public web forum, we'd have a better idea what people want.  It's also my opinion that they like it this way to keep from hearing about this stuff.  My threads about the editor were removed and I was banned without warning in their fake web forum that no one uses anyway.  I've never been banned from any forum and I didn't even really do anything wrong, just criticize like I always do.  Anyway, it's still a great program, whatever.

Innuendo:
My threads about the editor were removed and I was banned without warning in their fake web forum that no one uses anyway.  I've never been banned from any forum and I didn't even really do anything wrong, just criticize like I always do.  Anyway, it's still a great program, whatever.-superboyac (November 24, 2009, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then use the usenet method to post to their 'mailing list.'

cranioscopical:
I'm curious as to if anyone is still using Agent?
-Innuendo (November 24, 2009, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm a little late to the party here but I use Agent all the time.
Like you I have a large database of material from Usenet groups. Most of that information will never go out of fashion.
While I have to rely on my ISP (and others) to delete stuff from its servers when told to, I won't deliberately park my mail somwhere that's off my machine.
At this point, using Agent is second nature -- why would I change?
I'm pleased to see that the development cycle has perked up a little in the past year or two.

Innuendo:
I'm pleased to see that the development cycle has perked up a little in the past year or two.
-cranioscopical (November 28, 2009, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me, too. Agent is a one of a kind program & there'll probably never be anything written like it ever again due to the change in how the internet works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version