ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bad Refurbs

(1/2) > >>

Cloq:
Anyone know of sites that keep tabs on companies that send out bad refurbs? I know it would save people a lot headaches if they know which companies provide reliable replacements and which companies to avoid.

I am so mad at Samsung atm...  :mad:

Brand new laptop HD bad after 1 week. RMA'ed, replacement refurb drive worse than the one I sent to them. RMA'ed the refurb, replacement refurb worse than the first refurb. More time and money wasted.. great way to build brand trust.

WTF.. (is it okay to use acronyms?) do companies really think their customers are idiots?

Downed two glasses of iced tea to calm down.  :)

Shades:
Samsung harddisk have only one thing going for them and that is their low price.

Here in Paraguay where ambient temperatures are on average 38 degrees Celsius these hard disks drop like flies. The local stores offer those and their refurbed kin for very low prices, but I wouldn't use it if it was given to me for free.

Then again, what worth do those hard drive really have when you cannot trust them to last a month.

Darwin:
Downed two glasses of iced tea to calm down.  :)
-Cloq (November 21, 2009, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Caffeine to calm down?!  :o

Seriously, though - I sympathize with your plight and hope that you get this problem resolved to your satisfaction post haste!

nite_monkey:
does anyone has any insight on refurbs from seagate? I have a drive that is only a couple of months old, and it died on me, so today I am shipping it off to be RMAed

mrainey:
I can't believe that a "refurbished" hard drive is anything more than a used drive that passed some functionality tests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version