Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 19, 2014, 08:52:47 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a good project time tracking application  (Read 5203 times)
Tekzel
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 21, 2009, 10:19:13 AM »

It doesn't have to be freeware (though that IS preferable haha), but it does have to be cheap.  Being cheap is necessary though. Being out of work blows hard!

Ideally, I could configure projects by name, and have a dropdown box to select the project, then it just has a start and stop buttons, and a timer. It would be neat if each project has a configurable "billing period" and you can easily report on the totals, and on the main interface it would show the total accumulated time for this period when recording.

Anyone know of anything quite like this?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »

Tekzel!!! Great to see you here again  thumbs up
Tekzel
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:43:36 PM »

Tekzel!!! Great to see you here again  thumbs up

Hey there Mouser, I have been here just not posting. I lurk a lot these days. I have been going through a lot lately, lost my job at the veeery beginning of the year but so far I am not homeless yet. Haha. Recently started college even! smiley
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 03:56:49 PM »

Oh, hold on...I have just the application for you!  I just can't remember the name, the author asked me to critique it for him a long, long time ago.  It was great.  I'll be back with an answer.

superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »

Tekzel, the program is called Grindstone and unless I'm mistaken, it is exactly what you are looking for.  I haven't used the program for about 2 years, but if you have questions, let me know.  Or better yet, ask the forum on the website.  The author, Daniel Henry, is a very nice man as well.  It's a well designed program that does what it is supposed to do and I love that.

Oh, and it's free!  It didn't used to be.

kartal
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 04:16:49 PM »

I use Taskcoach, it does ok job. The only issue I have with it is that it does not let you enter manual time span. You can put manual entries between this time and this time but it wont let you enter something like 8 hours on 11-21-2009. You need to enter a starting time and ending time which is awkward sometimes
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:20:47 PM by kartal » Logged
Tekzel
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 05:51:22 PM »

Tekzel, the program is called Grindstone and unless I'm mistaken, it is exactly what you are looking for.  I haven't used the program for about 2 years, but if you have questions, let me know.  Or better yet, ask the forum on the website.  The author, Daniel Henry, is a very nice man as well.  It's a well designed program that does what it is supposed to do and I love that.

Oh, and it's free!  It didn't used to be.

Wow, Superboy to the rescue!  That is actually perfect. Thanks a ton man.
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 10:14:45 PM »

You could use timebook.
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 01:32:38 AM »

http://delicious.com/sridhar/timetracking

dajo
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »

I use Cashboard, and love it.  It's a web app with a great UI, so I can use it anywhere.  You set up projects and tasks, and assign billing rates.  Entering time takes only seconds.  Generating and sending invoices is a snap.   It tracks outstanding invoices until you get paid, even automatically sending periodic reminders to the client. 

It's not free, but it's almost free.   Thmbsup

http://www.getcashboard.com/
insert_nick
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 09:43:57 AM »

I think you may find useful the free AbstractSpoon's ToDoList.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.02 ]