ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a good project time tracking application

(1/3) > >>

Tekzel:
It doesn't have to be freeware (though that IS preferable haha), but it does have to be cheap.  Being cheap is necessary though. Being out of work blows hard!

Ideally, I could configure projects by name, and have a dropdown box to select the project, then it just has a start and stop buttons, and a timer. It would be neat if each project has a configurable "billing period" and you can easily report on the totals, and on the main interface it would show the total accumulated time for this period when recording.

Anyone know of anything quite like this?

mouser:
Tekzel!!! Great to see you here again  :up:

Tekzel:
Tekzel!!! Great to see you here again  :up:
-mouser (November 21, 2009, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey there Mouser, I have been here just not posting. I lurk a lot these days. I have been going through a lot lately, lost my job at the veeery beginning of the year but so far I am not homeless yet. Haha. Recently started college even! :)

superboyac:
Oh, hold on...I have just the application for you!  I just can't remember the name, the author asked me to critique it for him a long, long time ago.  It was great.  I'll be back with an answer.

superboyac:
Tekzel, the program is called Grindstone and unless I'm mistaken, it is exactly what you are looking for.  I haven't used the program for about 2 years, but if you have questions, let me know.  Or better yet, ask the forum on the website.  The author, Daniel Henry, is a very nice man as well.  It's a well designed program that does what it is supposed to do and I love that.

Oh, and it's free!  It didn't used to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version