ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

"Mail" instead of "Thunderbird"

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
it's a bit confusing to get used to, hopefully in the end it will start to get natural.

you can show the contents of a directory by simply typing that directory in the search edit box, like: E:\Portable\Note\

so to make an alias show this more easily, you can create a regex alias that matches like ^nn(.*)$
and in results put: dosearch E:\Portable\Note\ $$1

try that.

tomos:
so to make an alias show this more easily, you can create a regex alias that matches like ^nn(.*)$
and in results put: dosearch E:\Portable\Note\ $$1

try that.-mouser (November 22, 2009, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks mouser, works a treat :up:

mouser:
the regex and $$1 lets you filter the contents of the directory in case you didn't guess already :)

tomos:
the regex and $$1 lets you filter the contents of the directory in case you didn't guess already :)
-mouser (November 22, 2009, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll take your word for that lol
if I need to actually filter for filetype at some stage I'll ask again - or is there a resource somewhere for people who dont have a clue ? (i.e. understandable for people who dont have a clue

Going back to the interface - I think what is most confusing (for me still) is that when I go to edit an alias, the window is titled "Edit group alias" and the first field says "Group alias name" - but if I'm editing a single alias that first field should say "Alias name" or if it's doubling up for both single & group aliases it could say "Group or Alias name" (?)
or
am I misunderstanding things?

mouser:
yes, the term Alias "Group" is very confusing, since it is used for many different things.. eventually i need to make this dialog clearer and easier.

as far a learning resource, there are dozens of screencasts here:

https://www.donationcoder.com/3ds/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version