ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

"Mail" instead of "Thunderbird"

(1/3) > >>

siouxdax:
Hello all:
How can I use the word "mail" instead of "Thunderbird" to launch it via FARR. Keep in mind I have no idea how to write an alias...

tomos:
I have no idea how to write an alias...
-siouxdax (November 20, 2009, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

neither have I . .
I'd simply make another shortcut for Thunderbird, rename it to 'Mail' & place it somewhere that FARR looks

mouser:

* Search for thunderbird inside farr.
* When it comes up in results, right click on it and you'll see the context menu.
* Choose "Add to group Alias-> new alias group"
* Name the new alias group "mail".
* Give it a high score like 2000.
* Click Ok.
* All done.

siouxdax:

* Search for thunderbird inside farr.
* When it comes up in results, right click on it and you'll see the context menu.
* Choose "Add to group Alias-> new alias group"
* Name the new alias group "mail".
* Give it a high score like 2000.
* Click Ok.
* All done.-mouser (November 20, 2009, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fantastic! That was far easier than I thought it would be. Yay! Now I can do some more tweaking! Thank you!

tomos:
I know this is probably covered elsewhere - I did search but it's very difficult to narrow it down:

Can I use FARR to show a particular folder contents (also presumably best done using an alias ?)
e.g. my Note folder to show my current notes
Say with alias NN, FARR will show the just contents of that folder.

If I add NN to the alias as 'Reg expression' just the folder shows & launches (in file manager) if 'opened'
If I add an * to end of the path, no joy either ( E:\Portable\Note\*)

I'm slowly figuring out the interface - lost the alias for a while & then realised it was under 'myaliases.alias'
Was also confused by the two tickboxes - one beside the alias, one top-right but see now that one is for individual aliases & the other for the group (for a beginner who only has one alias in the 'group' - eh, sometimes things sink in slowly!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version