topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:23 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Circle Dock Release v0.9.3.1  (Read 13051 times)

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Circle Dock Release v0.9.3.1
« on: November 02, 2009, 12:26 PM »
This version has one bug fix, one change and one new feature.

The bug fix concerns clearing the exception when setting the mouse to toggle the Dock's visibility at one or more screen edges. Simply rearranging the modules in the packed executable fixes that.

The change is that the help system was consuming to much memory and resources. It has now been externalised and can be called-up from the Dock's Context Menus, the main Properties dialog, as well as the Start Menu and Desktop (if you've permitted that on installing).

The new feature is that now Circle Dock can almost entirely be controlled by the keyboard. You will almost certainly need to have a mouse available to configure your Dock but once all your items are added, you can enable the "keyboard emulation" mode. This is documented in the help system.

Download: * SetupCircleDock.zip (7633.01 kB - downloaded 8580 times.)

Enjoy!

Mark

perchera

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Circle Dock Release v0.9.3.1
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:38 AM »

Rigth after installing, on first launch, i get an error message (see attachment)
Then, if i go to start menu, circle dock, i only see one shortcut that sends me to help, which works.
So, i go the folder program files/circle dock/circledock.exe and here the same error pop up shows :(

I am attaching the config.ini also although i was not able to make any config

Regards

rain922

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Rotating icons sound!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:30 AM »
Not sure where to post this, but I have a neat idea for circle dock.
How about the ability to select a sound when the icons are rotated?
A few ideas already are; roulette wheel, Gun revolver cylinder spinning, fishing reel sound, and just some random sounds associated with a mechanical spinning motion.
Also, sounds can be optionally added when clicking on icons and center button clicks.
But just having the revolving sound when the icons are rotated would be awesome!
-Michael

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:48 AM »
Hi Mark

Future Future Request: spinning effects like wind or like wheel when it turns but without motion blur on icon :)
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Re: Rotating icons sound!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 08:49 AM »
How about the ability to select a sound when the icons are rotated?
A few ideas already are; roulette wheel, Gun revolver cylinder spinning, fishing reel sound, and just some random sounds associated with a mechanical spinning motion.
Also, sounds can be optionally added when clicking on icons and center button clicks.

Future Future Request: spinning effects like wind or like wheel when it turns but without motion blur on icon :)

Sorry but "no" to both of the above.

Mark

adrek

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 03:36 AM »
Thanks for the upgrades Markham.

@ Perchera
The same thing happened to me when I installed v0.9.3.1 over 0.9.2Alpha8.2
However when I performed a "clean install" of v0.9.3.1 the program worked.

I still have a problem, If I try to enter the Settings I get this screen:
dialogue box error.jpgCircle Dock Release v0.9.3.1

This happens with versions 9.2.7 , 9.3.0 and 9.3.1, It didn't happen with 9.2Alpha8.2

Could you please help me out?
This is a great program I don't want to miss.

Many thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:17 AM by adrek »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 09:51 PM »
Looks like you're trying to use your settings from Alpha 8 and there's a value that is set too high. When I designed the new Properties dialog, I found some of the sliders' maximum values were set at ridiculously high levels and I lowered them to more sensible (and in at least one case, achievable) levels.

I suggest you delete your Settings\Config.ini file -- and only that file -- and re-install v0.9.3.1. That will install a default Config.ini.

Mark

Tonke

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 04:53 AM »
I give up. I'm totally new to this program and not very savy so please be kind as i love this app and wish to keep trying to use it. I installed 9.2Alpha8.2 which i had working for a short time before it wouldn't open again. I thought i'd try the new 9.3.1 version. I had it working until i changed toggle settings and it won't work again. i keep getting the same error as PERCHERA. It won't even let me go in and change config. I uninstalled 8.2 and then reinstalled 9.3.1 again. Still not working.
Rigth after installing, on first launch, i get an error message (see attachment)
Please help i'm clueless.  :(

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Please help i'm clueless.  :(

I give up. I'm totally new to this program and not very savy so please be kind as i love this app and wish to keep trying to use it. I installed 9.2Alpha8.2 which i had working for a short time before it wouldn't open again. I thought i'd try the new 9.3.1 version. I had it working until i changed toggle settings and it won't work again. i keep getting the same error as PERCHERA. It won't even let me go in and change config. I uninstalled 8.2 and then reinstalled 9.3.1 again. Still not working.

I suggest you try the following:
  • Uninstall Circle Dock
  • Remove/Delete any Circle Dock folders you have in your Start Menu
  • Re-Install Circle Dock

All should be fine now.

Mark

Tonke

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Thanks Mark
I've deleted CD 9.3.1 and (help file) from the start menu and program folder. I've tried to delete the Alph8.2 (except the zipped file)but I get an error code 0x80004005. AMS.Profile.dll -whatever that is?Is that because i deleted the config file. I do have some Planet Icons -PNG files still in downloads. Do I have to get rid of these too.

On first start up, the dock and the error window pops up, but clicking on the error OK makes them both disappear (without letting me access the dock settings). Im using vista 64 bit. I must be missing something. I wish i had more knowlege on these things. I installed Cd from your link above. I don't know how to add the error message here. I've cut/pasted the one from Perchera which is same without other language.

https://www.donation...0;attach=44482;image

I hope i make sense. thanks

Tonke

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 09:28 PM »
I got it working.  :P After uninstalling i tried installing into C:Program files/ instead of the default of C: Program files (x86). Don't know what difference it makes but i can now use the dock. I won't be changing the toggle settings. Or anything except icons and backgrounds.  :-*

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 11:09 PM »
Pleased to hear that!

Mark

meet2002

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Great product, just one thing looks like not correct, somethimes, when I click the item icon (shortcut for program added), the icon will be deleted, I don't know why? could you help me out, Thanks a lot.

meet2002

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 09:36 AM »
Could you add the confirm option when you want to delete a item icon? I just try to find out why the icon will be deleted when you just click it.

meet2002

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Special item: Program Folder is not working for me, i don't know why?