ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Softmaker Office 2010 discount

<< < (9/9)

tomos:
Apparently they send you a different download than the trial after a purchase ?  And if you have not kept that hand, you have to hassle.
-Steven Avery (October 14, 2011, 03:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wrote this but then realised I was writing about Softmaker Office - as opposed to AShampoo (Softmaker) Office:
You get a download link per email, and it stays active - the link from my purchase of April 2010 is still active. (Not sure what happens when the next version comes out.)
--- End quote ---

With Ashampoo,
i think you can login and download at any time - but someone else will definitely have to confirm that! (and maybe fill out the details)

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

The problem I have with Ashampoo is their reputation for springing toolbars. Yes, we can avoid it pretty easily, but apparently they do not take the most gracious approach, based on the Giveaway of the Day conversations.  It is sort of a matter of principle and preference, and I do have AbiWord or Atlantis or something.

Note: I do not particularly mind the Ashampoo email barrage. You can get off it, or filter it, easily.

I'll watch for the next native Softmaker option that is very low $, I think they do some stuff occasionally. Apparently the same software, just different branding. I sent a request to Softmaker about a couple of things, including the status of my existing serial number and how it would be applied.

Steven

tomos:
IIRC the best Softmaker offers that I've gotten (for current versions of Softmaker office), were upgrade offers from Ashampoo (Softmaker know when you buy from Ashampoo):
20-something euros, but worth it I thought.
(I dont use any Ashampoo software any more, not on principle or anything - it just kind of happened that way. Guess I dont respond well to their approach.)

Softmaker do very cheap academic offers (student/teachers for around 15 euro, you do have to prove your "status").

As said above, there is a difference between the two but I think it's related to scripting which is way above my capabilities anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version