ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Softmaker Office 2010 discount

<< < (3/9) > >>

mwb1100:
My understanding is that the Ashampoo product can be updated by downloading the SoftMaker updaters, no?-Darwin (November 19, 2009, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am no longer certain;
-Curt (November 19, 2009, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I might now remember that every time I noticed that SoftMaker Office had been updated, I would click the Ashampoo-licensed Softmaker Office "update" button and get the message from Ashampoo > you already have the newest <, and that this went on for years until I finally lost my patience and purchased a license for SoftMaker's SoftMaker...
Was this how it was? I think it was.
-Curt (November 19, 2009, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried in a while (probably from the Ashampoo/SoftMaker Office 2006 timeframe), but my recollection is that with an Ashampoo license you could download the update from SoftMaker's site, install it and everything would remain registered.  I'm not sure if this was Ashampoo's or SoftMaker's intent, though. I'd guess it was just that they took no particular steps to prevent that from working.

Darwin:
My understanding is that the Ashampoo product can be updated by downloading the SoftMaker updaters, no?-Darwin (November 19, 2009, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am no longer certain;
-Curt (November 19, 2009, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I might now remember that every time I noticed that SoftMaker Office had been updated, I would click the Ashampoo-licensed Softmaker Office "update" button and get the message from Ashampoo > you already have the newest <, and that this went on for years until I finally lost my patience and purchased a license for SoftMaker's SoftMaker...
Was this how it was? I think it was.
-Curt (November 19, 2009, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... wish I could remember where I read that the updaters for SoftMaker Office work for the Ashampoo OEM version. I *think* tomos might have written about this at some point.

Anyone with Ashampoo Office installed willing to give this a go? That is, try updating your install via the updaters service packs downloadable from the SoftMaker website (http://www.softmaker.com/english/servpack_en.htm)?

mwb1100 beat me to it!

Darwin:
BTW I won't be updating to Office 2010 - I updated from 2006 to 2008 anticipating that Database would be included in the suite and here we are two or three years later and the database still hasn't made it to public beta! So... I'll be waiting for Database to be released first...

Curt:
I should have told from the beginning: You are all allowed to freely test SoftMaker 2010 Beta for the rest of the year! It doesn't replace any previous version. Go to http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofw10betareg_en.htm and register.

Darwin:
NOTE: the Purchase page at SoftMaker states the following, with respect to upgrade pricing for Office 2010 (my emphasis):

Upgrade to SoftMaker Office 2010 for Windows
Upgrade version. Only for owners of older versions of TextMaker, PlanMaker, SoftMaker Office, or Ashampoo Office.
--- End quote ---

So... if you bought Ashampoo Office 2006 or 2008, you're eligible for upgrade pricing on the next SoftMaker version  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version