ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Putting All My (Legally Obtained) Music Online

<< < (5/5)

Innuendo:
Having said that though, my music wasn't well organized before I pushed it to lala and lala didn't improve things any. I purchased software months ago to organize my music once and for all, but despite several good starts I haven't found the time to organize it all.-tinjaw (November 17, 2009, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

At the risk of sending this thread off on an unrecoverable tangent what software did you purchase to organize your music?

y0himba:
I purchased none.  I created sub-folders under My Music, Albums, Soundtracks, Singles.  Then lettered folders under each of those A, B, C....then a sub folder with Artist-Album (Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Show Your Bones) and the tracks are in the folders.  I use MP3Tag to tag and get album art, then name each song Artist-Album-Track #-Title.mp3

"D:\Documents\Music\Albums\Y\Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Show Your Bones\Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones - 01 - Gold Lion.mp3"

It makes music easy to browse and find from remote on my PDA or on the PS3, or even on my Netbook.

Innuendo:
I purchased none.  I created sub-folders under My Music, Albums, Soundtracks, Singles.  Then lettered folders under each of those A, B, C....then a sub folder with Artist-Album (Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Show Your Bones) and the tracks are in the folders.  I use MP3Tag to tag and get album art, then name each song Artist-Album-Track #-Title.mp3

"D:\Documents\Music\Albums\Y\Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Show Your Bones\Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones - 01 - Gold Lion.mp3"-y0himba (November 17, 2009, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm still working out my system of how I am going to do things. I'm getting really close to the point where I'm working on minutiae of the system's finer points so I can avoid doing the actual work. :)

y0himba:
I know that you can use Windows Media Player to automatically organize and add missing data/tags to your collection, I just prefer doing it myself, seems more logical to me.

Innuendo:
I know that you can use Windows Media Player to automatically organize and add missing data/tags to your collection, I just prefer doing it myself, seems more logical to me.-y0himba (November 18, 2009, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Windows Media Player is the devil's work! No, wait...

When working with MP3s, Windows Media Player doesn't understand ID3 v2.4 tags.
When working with FLACs, Windows Media Player doesn't understand FLAC.

Oh, and one last thing, the OCD freak in me goes all Incredible Hulk when it sees Windows Media Player 'pooping' little albumart.jpg files all over my hard drives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version