topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: New way to prevent users from closing windows in XP  (Read 3867 times)

dwilbank

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: New way to prevent users from closing windows in XP
« on: November 17, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Hey.
Brilliant new idea.
I love NoClose, but it doesn't work with windows which are generated inside of the main program window (like with the database and billing system we use at work)

So what I'm looking for, is an AHK GUI rectangle, which I can X-Y position over top of the minimize and close boxes, which is transparent and non-click-thru, and which will prevent users from closing my windows, and then opening 18 unnecessary duplicates of the very same window to do their own tasks.

Basically an invisible button disabler, which could of course be deactivated by quitting the AHK script, but which would nevertheless serve my purpose just fine.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:08 PM by dwilbank »

letmein

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: New way to prevent users from closing windows in XP
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 03:46 PM »
What about right clicking the window in the taskbar and closing (or just alt-f4'ing to close)? Or what if they move the window?

dwilbank

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: New way to prevent users from closing windows in XP
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01 PM »
I was actually planning on blocking the entire top stripe of the window to prevent it from being moved.
And all open windows inside this database program never show up on the taskbar.
I'm just trying to force everyone to drag down the "windows" menu command and see for themselves that everything they need is already open, and that they don't have to close other people's windows just to open a new one of their own.