ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking to "mirror" some videos

(1/2) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi,

I have recently received a DVD from a relative.  It holds some video clips showing my grandparents back in 1926 ! The person who did the conversion has done this without "unmirroring" them, so that license plates on car are inverted, and cars seem to drive on the left side as in UK.  Is there a free video tool or web service that would allow me to mirror them, if possible without re-encoding them, since the quality is already low.

If you have already used such a tool, and were satisfied with it, could you recommend one.

In total, I have 7 clips, totalling around 200MB in DVD compliant MPEG2.

Thanks !

nite_monkey:
I don't have it on my computer that I am using right now, but I believe virtualdub can mirror videos, and it is free and open source. It also has some tools that can possibly improve the quality slightly (doubt it, but its worth a shot)

MerleOne:
I don't have it on my computer that I am using right now, but I believe virtualdub can mirror videos, and it is free and open source. It also has some tools that can possibly improve the quality slightly (doubt it, but its worth a shot)
-nite_monkey (November 16, 2009, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, will have a look at it.

Edited : seems perfect, with .avi format and horizontal flip filter.  Now I just hope it reads MPEG2.

yksyks:
Virtualdub doesn't read MPEG2, as far as I know. You could try an older, but possibly working version at http://home.comcast.net/~fcchandler/stable/index.html.

MerleOne:
Virtualdub doesn't read MPEG2, as far as I know. You could try an older, but possibly working version at http://home.comcast.net/~fcchandler/stable/index.html.
-yksyks (November 17, 2009, 10:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I did try the regular VirtualDub with mpeg2 files : it won't load them.  I made a try with a .avi divx file, input file size was 11MB, the mirrored output file size was over 500MB.  And there as so many settings that I am not sure which one to use to keep the size in the same range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version