ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Hound 3.08 released

(1/2) > >>

fiddyschmitt:
Hello,

I've just put the finishing touches on File Hound 3.08. It searches for text inside any file. Please find it over at jimmythefork.com and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Fidel

p.s. it's free :)

MerleOne:
It seems it relies on .NET.  I'll try it on my Vista PC...

fiddyschmitt:
It seems it relies on .NET.  I'll try it on my Vista PC...
-MerleOne (November 16, 2009, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well spotted, it does indeed require .Net 2.0.

Cheers,
Fidel

mouser:
Just tried it -- love the ability to preview the pdf in text mode with the terms highlighted -- that is really wonderful., and the result list columns are fantastic.

feature requests and bug reports:

* i assume i should have been able to browse to a folder to search? i had to manually type in my folder, the down arrow did nothing (maybe its an MRU and you just havent implemented browse for folder yet); would be nice to be able to drag and drop a path there too.
* is there a proper way to cancel the search besides hitting close button? a cancel button in search window on status bar maybe would be welcome.
* i dont need any kind of regex search, BUT i would love to be able to specify a set of search terms and shown any file with any of the terms.
* some guidance on the input fields would be useful (ie the Filename field, can i type *.pdf or what?)

Darwin:
Hi Fidel - great job! I'd second mouser's suggestion about an alternative way to cancel the search (beyond hitting the "close" button). Also, the pdf previewing capablities are very nice and the results are very elegantly displayed. I love the white text on blue background  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version