ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

submerge your pc in veggie oil - cool and quiet

<< < (2/3) > >>

nudone:
i've not read the article yet but it's something i'd consider - even if it meant cleaing it out once a year and putting fresh oil in (maybe it would require doing more often?).

i'm planning in going for the water cooled stage soon so if more information is available in a few months regarding oil cooled then i'd be very tempted to try it.

as for cleaning the oil off the cards when need to swap them out - surely there must be some kind of cleaming fluid suitable for this(?).

brotherS:
It's a funny idea, but that's it - since you can't submerge ALL parts in oil I still think a bolstered metal case with a bit of silent tuning is the best way to do it.

I don't even want to think about what happens if you aren't around when that plastic case starts to leak 30 litres of veggie oil... talk about a slick idea!

;D ;D

Hirudin:
How can you have non-organic petroleum based oil ??? Petroleum is a biological biproduct ...
-Carol Haynes (January 09, 2006, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah... forgot about that...

Another crazy liquid that supposidly could be used: distilled water, except it's corosive.

Carol Haynes:
If you read the article there is a section on de-ionized water and unfortunately it tended to get ionized in use and cause electrical shorts.

kimmchii:
it was /. last year.
Aquarium Full of Oil For PC Cooling

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version