topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for tutorial material on CSS and on smarphone web design ...  (Read 2162 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Folk,

I'm in need of two things.  The first one is a decent tutorial, preferably online or PDF, on CSS and browser(s) interaction.  Used to have one, but it got lost due to an EMF surge, and I don't recall the Web site where I obtained it.  Been searching last three or four days, but nothing I've found quite fits the bill.  This is for a tyro who is familiar with HTML, but new to CSS ... he's mostly cut-and-paste for JavaScript stuff, as well.  He's coming to me for help - that's OK - but it's all over the phone, and he's having a hard time understanding some of the concepts.

The second thing is material - online or book(s) - on how to build/adapt a Web page to reasonably display on a smartphone.  Should be generic, not phone specific.  I've recently been told by one of my clients that they need their stuff phone-capable.  Since my forte is database & back-end design, I need to get up to speed on smartphone Web development.  A Google search on smartphone web development provides some twenty-six million plus pages, but no real instruction so far - still looking - so I though I'd broach the matter here, since  I've seen more real help on DC than on any other forum, even ones dedicated to a particular topic.

Oh, did find one book on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, but it's pre-release, and didn't find anything on O'Reilly.

'Preciate any assistance.