ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Images don't show up properly in Photoshop

<< < (3/4) > >>

Shades:
For checking which version of OpenGL you are running, download a tool called 'glview' and run it. As far as I know OpenGL doesn't come with a tool similar to 'dxdiag' on DirectX.

The overview (on the first page) generated by the tool should mention the version of OpenGL that you are using. It will show you a lot more info on subsequent pages.

Kamel:
I found the following in an article titled 'GPU and OpenGL Features and Limitations in Photoshop CS4' at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404898.html:

Display card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
Issue: Images display in chunks and with lines.
Solution: Turn off Enable OpenGL Drawing.
--- End quote ---

So looks like this is a known issue and the only workaround is to disable OpenGL.
-sri (November 14, 2009, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just like i thought. This is a lot like when Doom3 came out. ATI clocks their cards quite aggressively, so in turn when new applications come out sometimes they suffer from artifacting.

I would still recommend clocking your GPU and memory down by about 5mhz. You wont notice a difference in performance [usually], but it will let you re-enable the opengl functionality of photoshop.

Also, loosely speaking, it is caused by heat (unless for some reason there is an incompatibility, which I doubt), so you could get the same results from improving the cooling to your card. If your card is on the verge of artifacts, it may affect its lifespan, so even though disabling the feature helps photoshop, it would be wise to fix the root of the problem still.

Finally, it is highly unlikely to be caused by the opengl version, since this is a common problem associated with clock speeds and/or too much heat.

lanux128:
Kamel's got a point there. use a program like ATITool to bring down the clock speed.

sri:
I have just installed and uninstalled ATITool. It takes a lot of time to come up after starting and is stuck with 'Not responding'. I had to kill it. I don't think it's vista compatible.

I am going to try PowerStrip mentioned here.

lanux128:
I have just installed and uninstalled ATITool. It takes a lot of time to come up after starting and is stuck with 'Not responding'. I had to kill it. I don't think it's vista compatible.-sri (November 14, 2009, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

what version were you running? try this version here.

What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]

· Full Vista and XP64 support
--- End quote ---

• http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/ATITool.shtml

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version