topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Please - How Can I Update FARR Plugins?  (Read 6574 times)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Please - How Can I Update FARR Plugins?
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:08 PM »
OK, After a flurry (granted a very small flurry) of discussions about FARR and the difficulties updating its plugins, I finally thought I was OK. It looked like all my plugins were properly updated. This was only about 6 or 8 months ago.

And now, my FARR plugins are a mess again. How in the heck can the plugins be kept up to date? They shouldn't be in such bad shape this fast! Isn't DCUpdater working right anymore? Or is it the plugins themselves that are not written so that DCUpdater can update them?

From "All OK" about 6 - 8 months ago, here's what is happeningm in my DCUpdater currently:

Installed but not updated - Update failed:
  • Data Generator
  • KlipKeeper
  • PopQuotes
  • Service Control Plugin

Available for Installation - Update Failed:

• Character Table
  • Console
  • Definr
  • Dicts Thesaurus
  • Gcal quicadd
  • Google Translate
  • Timer

:wallbash:

Are those "Available" plugins for real? Or is there a DCUpdater "cache" that needs to be emptied? Should I trash it all and start over again? I never thought anything here would be this difficult to keep updated!   :huh:

Thanks for any help with this. 

Jim

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Please - How Can I Update FARR Plugins?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:27 PM »
this thread here should be able to help you. siouxdax had similar problems it seems.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:34 PM »
the reasons most of those plugins are failing is because they no longer exist as standalone plugins -- i need to remove them from the list. they have been combined to one "pack".

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 12:08 AM »
  • Data Generator
  • KlipKeeper
  • PopQuotes
  • Service Control Plugin

the various authors must have changed the url to the update files. hamradio mentions this for Data Generator plugin here.

• Character Table
  • Console
  • Definr
  • Dicts Thesaurus
  • Gcal quicadd
  • Google Translate
  • Timer

it has become part of CZB pack.

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 12:59 AM »
  • Data Generator
  • KlipKeeper

For my plugins it was because I was on the donationcoders.com domain and got moved to the dcmembers.com domain. I think I got em fixed awhile back to where you can download them again manually and it work right.

If you don't mind please download them from the respective page and update manually then it should find the correct url if not let me know.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 01:18 AM »
  • Data Generator
  • KlipKeeper

For my plugins it was because I was on the donationcoders.com domain and got moved to the dcmembers.com domain. I think I got em fixed awhile back to where you can download them again manually and it work right.

If you don't mind please download them from the respective page and update manually then it should find the correct url if not let me know.

OK, I d/l'd them and reinstalled them. Are you saying that they should now auto-update?

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 01:21 AM »
  • Data Generator
  • KlipKeeper
  • PopQuotes
  • Service Control Plugin

the various authors must have changed the url to the update files. hamradio mentions this for Data Generator plugin here.

• Character Table
  • Console
  • Definr
  • Dicts Thesaurus
  • Gcal quicadd
  • Google Translate
  • Timer

it has become part of CZB pack.

OK - I just downloaded and reinstalled the CZB Pack. But I have already done this twice now. Neither time did they ever auto-update. Doesn't the author write them so that they work with DCUpdater? And if he does, is there something different that I need to do in order to make it happen?

Thank you.

Jim

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 01:36 AM »
the reasons most of those plugins are failing is because they no longer exist as standalone plugins -- i need to remove them from the list. they have been combined to one "pack".

Yes, but I posted about this issue several times before, once creating a new thread about it, but it never seems to get it right. Twice now I have deleted ALL my FARR plugins and then reinstalled the latest of each, after being advised that only by doing that would they auto-update via DCUpdater. And after each time I find myself back here again, whining and crying about the same thing. Damn, and I hate whiners!  Look what you're doing to me, mouser!!!!!!???!!

OK, let me go get drunk or something - though I haven't done so in, oh, 35 years or so...  mbmbmbmbmbmbmb (That's the sound that is made when I am running my finger up and down across my pursed lips!)

Jim