ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Please - How Can I Update FARR Plugins?

(1/2) > >>

J-Mac:
OK, After a flurry (granted a very small flurry) of discussions about FARR and the difficulties updating its plugins, I finally thought I was OK. It looked like all my plugins were properly updated. This was only about 6 or 8 months ago.

And now, my FARR plugins are a mess again. How in the heck can the plugins be kept up to date? They shouldn't be in such bad shape this fast! Isn't DCUpdater working right anymore? Or is it the plugins themselves that are not written so that DCUpdater can update them?

From "All OK" about 6 - 8 months ago, here's what is happeningm in my DCUpdater currently:

Installed but not updated - Update failed:

* Data Generator
* KlipKeeper
* PopQuotes
* Service Control Plugin

Available for Installation - Update Failed:

* Character Table
* Console
* Definr
* Dicts Thesaurus
* Gcal quicadd
* Google Translate
* Timer
 :wallbash:

Are those "Available" plugins for real? Or is there a DCUpdater "cache" that needs to be emptied? Should I trash it all and start over again? I never thought anything here would be this difficult to keep updated!   :huh:

Thanks for any help with this. 

Jim

lanux128:
this thread here should be able to help you. siouxdax had similar problems it seems.

mouser:
the reasons most of those plugins are failing is because they no longer exist as standalone plugins -- i need to remove them from the list. they have been combined to one "pack".

lanux128:

* Data Generator
* KlipKeeper
* PopQuotes
* Service Control Plugin-J-Mac (November 12, 2009, 11:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

the various authors must have changed the url to the update files. hamradio mentions this for Data Generator plugin here.

Available for Installation - Update Failed:

* Character Table
* Console
* Definr
* Dicts Thesaurus
* Gcal quicadd
* Google Translate
* Timer-J-Mac (November 12, 2009, 11:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

it has become part of CZB pack.

hamradio:

* Data Generator
* KlipKeeper-J-Mac (November 12, 2009, 11:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

For my plugins it was because I was on the donationcoders.com domain and got moved to the dcmembers.com domain. I think I got em fixed awhile back to where you can download them again manually and it work right.

If you don't mind please download them from the respective page and update manually then it should find the correct url if not let me know.

* Data Generator - (Click Here)
* KlipKeeper - (Click Here)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version