topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ideamason Tutorial Videos - any place to still get them?  (Read 4814 times)

peteg05

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ideamason Tutorial Videos - any place to still get them?
« on: October 30, 2009, 09:09 AM »
Hi everybody,

I just found out today that Ideamason has been abandoned in May.   >:(

I always wanted to save the Tutorial Videos but forgot about it. Has anybody of you saved these videos and is willing to sent them to me or is there anywhere some form of archiv to still download them?

Thanks!

Regards,
peteg05

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ideamason Tutorial Videos - any place to still get them?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Not as far as I know.  I'm surprised they're still keeping the site open for downloads of the program after this long.  You could try looking at it through the internet archive cache and see if 1) you can get them or 2) you can contact the owner?

Here is some info I was able to glean:
- http://www.aboutus.org/IdeaMason.com
- http://web.archive.o...oducts/tutorials.htm

peteg05

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Hello wraith808,

thank you for trying to help me. At least I now have the filenames of the videos. Maybe someone has put them somewhere online.

I already tried to contact the owner but the email from the site you gave me isn't existing anymore (email come back with an error). I also tried to get the address of the owner or any other emailaddress as it seems that ideamason was a family product (Kevin and Victoria Miller from Carson City)

found here: http://www.nvannualreport.com/entities-DLLC-MASONWARE-LLC.aspx

but with no luck. Maybe someone from the US can help me to find them - I'm from Germany. But maybe it is not worth for the Tutorial-Videos?  :-\

I'm glad the site was still open because Ideamason has one of these stupid online-activation methods you have todo every time you want to reinstall it. I don't know if is is legal but the version for download seems to be without any restrictions and can be used without entering a key. Its definitivly looks like abandoned because I really tried hard to find anybody for the last two weeks.

I'm really a bit angry about this guy. He could at least send out emails to his paying customers telling that he is going to shut down his site a few days before he did it.

Thanks again and all the best.
peteg05

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 09:09 AM »
I'm just glad they put up the unlocked version on the site- they didn't *have* to do that.  In this economy, you have to do what's best for your bottom line- and though I'm not sure what their hosting plan costs, to keep it up after this long means they're aces to me...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:24 AM »
peteg05 - note that their last blog entry includes a link to a version of IdeaMason that does not require activation, so you no longer need to worry about that (download the installer and if, in future, the website disappears for good you'll still be able to reinstall Ideamason).

I think one thing that hurt them was that there was very little/no development over the last year or so of the product's life, despite some bugs and problems that needed to be fixed.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 09:48 PM »
One wonders if that was the cause or the effect of slacking sales, i.e. did they stop development because they needed to focus on other issues, then finally closed the doors when they realized they couldn't devote time?  Or was it the other way around?