ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

photo alteration, any photoshop expert please?

<< < (2/2)

app103:
Ok, I took a crack at this too, in Paintshop Pro.

and if you want to make any further adjustments to it, attached is a layered PSP file, with the first layer being just the part of the car to be colorized. Do all your adjustments on that layer, and you can make the car any color, without affecting the glass, interior, chrome, or background. (looks great in red or blue)

Curt:
Ok, I took a crack at this too, in Paintshop Pro.I have quite a few image editors, but have never really understood how to make any of them do their best. -Curt (November 11, 2009, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
-app103 (November 12, 2009, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

- well, I said it myself, didn't I.
I have Paintshop X2 Pro, but was unable to do what App103 have done so well. Someday I really need to sit down and study that bloody manual!!
Any "easy" trick, April?

app103:
Thanks for the compliment, Curt.

I never read the manual either.  ;)

This was done in PSP 9, although it could have been done in my preferred v7 as well. I didn't use that version because I thought the background removal tool included with v9 would help with this. (it really didn't and I could have done just as well without it.)

I just promoted the original image from background to layer, used the eraser tool to remove everything I didn't want to be affected by the color change, leaving just the body of the car. Then I changed it to a dark purple using Colorize, grayscaled it, increased it back to 16 million colors, and added the original image as a new layer, dropping it beneath the colorized layer.

If you take a look at the psp file in the attachment, you will see just how much I erased to do it.

Curt:
- yes, I really enjoyed to play with your layer-file.

However, there is something about the black that is not black ehh.. not right. This first one is genuine black, I think:

but this thumbnail Audi RS4 I believe to be photoshop-black:

- and I believe this second one still is much more proper black than what we have accomplished? No "grey" areas! well, at least in an a more genuine black-looking way...

app103:
Considering we are not trained pros and we don't read manuals, I think we did quite well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version