ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for freeware ghost clone with boot manager

<< < (2/2)

beermatt:
FloppyImage is free and allows you to read/write disk images to/from physical disks (I've used it for adding images to UBCD, you may need to select "Create compatible IMG files" under "Settings").

Also if you have a network it may be worth looking at FOG..?

tomos:
GRUB4DOS and Partition Saving sound good. But I need a "fully legit" solution instead of WinImage. I have UltraISO myself, but that is a personal license and not one I can let the folks at work use. And I don't have floppy drives on these machine, so I want a virtual floppy solution.
-tinjaw (November 11, 2009, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

so you're looking for free for commercial use -
have you checked out Steven Avery's thread here listing software free for commercial use?
Here's the post about backup etc:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18955.msg169835#msg169835

4wd:
FloppyImage is free and allows you to read/write disk images to/from physical disks (I've used it for adding images to UBCD, you may need to select "Create compatible IMG files" under "Settings").-beermatt (November 11, 2009, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good catch!  I won't have to keep downloading WinImage to create an image now :)

Also if you have a network it may be worth looking at FOG..?
--- End quote ---

I think that requires user-interaction, like PiNG, which is why I didn't suggest PiNG in the first place.  My read was tinjaw was looking for a 'Hit button, wait for reboot' kind of restoration.

tinjaw:
FloppyImage is free and allows you to read/write disk images to/from physical disks-beermatt (November 11, 2009, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I took a look at the description of Floppy Image and it doesn't look I can create floppy images without creating a physical floppy first and then imaging that. I don't have floppies on any of these computers at work. We haven't have floppy drives in our computers for probably four years.

4wd:
You're really making us work for this.....give Virtual Floppy Drive a go.  Just tried it on XP and it let me change the contents.

Just noticed you mentioned no floppy drives previously.

EDIT: Let he who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number.

Woohoo!  Post 666....proof that I am truly evil!!!  >:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version