ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Has anyone discovered any cool Windows 7 third-party utilities?

<< < (6/10) > >>

Innuendo:
for fans of taskbar shuffle that have been missing the middle-click to close function in win7, there exists 7 taskbar tweaker. this has similar functions, and some win7 specific ones.-azgarth (November 21, 2009, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow...7 Taskbar Tweaker brings back all the old, retro, and archaic taskbar behaviors of Windows versions past.

I hereby declare 7 Taskbar Tweaker to be the pioneer embarking on the discovery of a new class of software. New class of software, I dub thee curmudgeonware!!! Software for the curmudgeon in all of us. :)

MilesAhead:
Hmmmm, I should start a company called Retro Interfaces Pc.  Could do cool stuff like replace calculator keypads with beads on rods.  Replace computer keyboard with a pad of paper.  Then you have to scan in your stuff for OCR before the PC can process it.  :)

JavaJones:
Don't confuse change with progress. The former is not necessarily the latter. ;)

- Oshyan

MilesAhead:
Yeah, progress isn't always "progress" if you know what I mean.

40hz:
(Note: spotted this in a recent post by Ramblinrick over at his What's on My PC website. Link to original article: http://whatsonmypc.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/win7inabox/  )
------------------------------------------------

Yet another "training wheels" type utility called Windows 7 in a Box - but this one's a little bit different because it's completely portable and very comprehensive.

Info and download: http://www.big-daddy-design.com/windows7inabox.htm

From the "Windows 7 in a Box" website-
For everyone who made the big switch to Windows 7 here is the ultimate Desktop Tool. Windows7 in a Box. Windows7 in a Box was designed to help guide you through the brand new operating system from Microsoft .

Everything from Theme settings to Parental Controls. Sits on your desktop, easy to navigate, and puts an end to all the frustration of endless searching for settings.

Spyware,Adware,and Malware free.

Windows7 in a box can make the complete novice seem like a pro in just seconds.

No need to install anything.Sits on your Desktop or wherever you place it (it even runs off of a thumb drive).

Just locate what your looking for and click! It cant get any simpler than that.
--- End quote ---

Ramblinrick also pointed out another great use for this app in his article:

From the What's on My PC website-
I can see myself using this app to quickly assist other Windows 7 client users without having to go through the navigation process of locating specific settings and functions.

http://whatsonmypc.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/win7inabox/

--- End quote ---

Now that is a dynamite idea! I'm definitely going to start passing out copies of this little app to anybody (e.g. friends, family, clients) I'm asked to do enduser Win7 phone support for. Bound to save everyone (especially me!) some time.  :up:

With thanks to What's on My PC for making the find.  :-*

(Check out the rest of WOMPC when you get a chance. Very nice website!)

A few more screenshots:

Has anyone discovered any cool Windows 7 third-party utilities?   Has anyone discovered any cool Windows 7 third-party utilities?

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version