ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'm Going to HELL! Please feel sorry for me... :(

<< < (6/7) > >>

4wd:
I most certainly won't be looking forward to funnel webs though... Yikes! Spiders just creep me out entirely!-Renegade (November 09, 2009, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're lucky then, funnel webs are predominant in Sydney.

We just have snakes, redbacks, european wasps, more european wasps (come and take the bl**dy things back you b*ggers!), etc down here in Melbourne, (as well as some excellent four-wheel driving).

As for beaches, the Mornington peninsula both bay and ocean side.  Or travel a little further east to Ninety Mile beach/Gippsland Lakes or west down the great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay, etc, etc.

Regarding internet, basically you're screwed - welcome to the real world.

Although when you get here and have a place go to Whirlpool and use their plan finder to find an ISP but whatever you do, DO NOT choose BigPongd.

EDIT: Oh yeah, regarding the spiders please don't hurt the Huntsmanw spider if you find him in your house, just pick him up on a broom or something and stick him outside.  They're not poisonous and do a good job wandering around eating insects although they do get rather large so you might be surprised by one staring down at you while sitting on the toilet.

You'll also get the shock of your life when you flip down the sun visor in the car and have one drop in your lap  ;D

Renegade:
I most certainly won't be looking forward to funnel webs though... Yikes! Spiders just creep me out entirely!-Renegade (November 09, 2009, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're lucky then, funnel webs are predominant in Sydney.

We just have snakes, redbacks, european wasps, more european wasps (come and take the bl**dy things back you b*ggers!), etc down here in Melbourne, (as well as some excellent four-wheel driving).

As for beaches, the Mornington peninsula both bay and ocean side.  Or travel a little further east to Ninety Mile beach/Gippsland Lakes or west down the great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay, etc, etc.

Regarding internet, basically you're screwed - welcome to the real world.

Although when you get here and have a place go to Whirlpool and use their plan finder to find an ISP but whatever you do, DO NOT choose BigPongd.

EDIT: Oh yeah, regarding the spiders please don't hurt the Huntsmanw spider if you find him in your house, just pick him up on a broom or something and stick him outside.  They're not poisonous and do a good job wandering around eating insects although they do get rather large so you might be surprised by one staring down at you while sitting on the toilet.

You'll also get the shock of your life when you flip down the sun visor in the car and have one drop in your lap  ;D
-4wd (November 09, 2009, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh Jeez... When I said spiders freak me out... I meant...

SPIDERS FREAK ME OUT~!

Huntsman? Use a broom? CRIPES! You need a forklift for those things~! Up to 30cm?  :'(

...So... what are the laws in Australia regarding fully automatic weapons?  :o (I assume that Howitzers and bazookas are out of the question...) And what's the largest legal caliber?

As for being screwed... I've been so spoiled here in Korea... 10 Mbps is slow. Uncapped. That's the part where I cry!! I looked at Australian ISPs... They're seriously primitive in comparison. All my friends that have moved there complained about it. Well... All my friends that move out of Korea period complain about crappy ISPs, slow speeds, and ridiculous caps and policies. Sigh... $140 AUD for... Sob sob sob sob~!

I heard that the entire Australian Internet infrastructure is up for a rehaul though. I'm sure that will be very welcome.

Target:
I heard that the entire Australian Internet infrastructure is up for a rehaul though. I'm sure that will be very welcome.
-Renegade (November 09, 2009, 10:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, but it's a government 'initiative' so there's no guarantee things are going to get better...

Darwin:
So I won't be trading places with anyone. I don't think my wife would approve. ;) (I got married this past May.) She's the reason I'm moving there, as she's doing her Ph.D. in Banking and Finance at Monash University.
-Renegade (November 09, 2009, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Belated congrats on the nuptials  :Thmbsup:

Regarding ISP's and speed - Koreans moan about it here, too (Canada). I gloat a bit when I tell them that its because our infrastructure underlying the internet is 100 years old and then I crawl off somewhere and feel privately very inadequate...

EDIT: I can't spell...

Deozaan:
EDIT: Oh yeah, regarding the spiders please don't hurt the Huntsmanw spider if you find him in your house, just pick him up on a broom or something and stick him outside.  They're not poisonous and do a good job wandering around eating insects although they do get rather large so you might be surprised by one staring down at you while sitting on the toilet.

You'll also get the shock of your life when you flip down the sun visor in the car and have one drop in your lap  ;D
-4wd (November 09, 2009, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's only one rule I have with spiders: If I see one, it dies!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version