ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hidden Netflix Marathon Gems to Watch Online

<< < (8/16) > >>

MilesAhead:
The Netflix schism is due soon:

http://blog.netflix.com/2011/09/explanation-and-some-reflections.html?lnktrk=EMP&g=E4E280A6F79082D8BA9AF0018CAC554D0AC0315E&lkid=netflixBlog

The "watch in web browser" didn't work for me most of the time anyway. I think they gave me a couple of bucks off a month to just have DVD rental.

They're going to name it Qwickster.  Catchy eh?

If you want both DVD rental via discs and set top box input then look for 2 separate monthly charges.

mouser:
I already canceled my dvd rental plan with netflix and am now 100% streaming -- it's what i used most of the time anyway; I love netflix streaming.

mouser:
Breaking Bad Series:

Breaking Bad was created by Vince Gilligan, who spent several years writing the Fox series The X-Files. Gilligan wanted to create a series in which the protagonist became the antagonist. "Television is historically good at keeping its characters in a self-imposed stasis so that shows can go on for years or even decades," he said. "When I realized this, the logical next step was to think, how can I do a show in which the fundamental drive is toward change?"
--- End quote ---

Quite a good show.

TaoPhoenix:
Don't rule out other sites for marathons...especially free ones.

I had a mini-marathon last night of old episodes of The George Carlin Show, on the WB site.

http://www.thewb.com/shows/full-episodes
-app103 (April 19, 2011, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll second this. I learned about Wire in the Blood from the Hulu side, and it impressed me. It was on time delay so I could only see a couple seasons a month, but I REALLY like the longer 1.5 hour format for dramas. Almost everything in the US is at the 42 minute mark, and it eventually the pacing gets under my skin once in a while when I sorta know "something X has to happen" even if I don't know exactly what, the pacing rules the show. In that longer format, the character get to ponder and deal with the problem longer.

Shades:
I'm in total agreement with TaoPhoenix. The series I follow lately are about 55 minutes in length, but only have 12 to 14 episodes per season for (Dexter and Breaking Bad). Game of Thrones only has ten episodes per season!

What these series lack in amount of episodes, they make up for with "density", so to say.

I really look forward to new episodes, which has not happened in a very long while. In fact I hardly watch any commercial or public TV anymore as most programs do not ignite any interest in me.
When I was still living in the Netherlands I was only watching Discovery Channel (from the 40 channels available through the normal broadcasting system, never got into pay channels and/or satellite).

Breaking Bad I completely recommend, it grows on you, each season becoming better than the previous one. The season 4 final made a big impression on me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version