ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3.5.5/3.6 Beta 2 - Netflix and Silverlight - watch online

(1/1)

MilesAhead:
Not that I want to sit and watch movies over broadband in a browser from Netflix, but since I have an account and they claimed they wouldn't bill me later(as in no extra charge) I was curious.

I downloaded the Silverlight plugin.  I could only get audio with Firefox 3.6 latest beta, but the new Firefox 3.5.5 seems to work fine.

For those flicks that have the play online option, it can be a good way to sample before renting the DVD.  I've only tried it on Windows Seven 32 bit at this point. If you have a Netflix account it may be worth checking out.  If you google you should hit an MS page with a grid of supported OS and browser combinations.

JavaJones:
I've actually been using this quite a lot lately as most of what's on TV is crap and if I can stream something good legally, it's a much better option. Mostly I watch TV shows, especially since high definition doesn't matter as much to me there. But the quality can even be quite good sometimes. Overall I'm impressed and highly recommend it. It's well worth the price. But then I've always been a fan of Netflix...

- Oshyan

MilesAhead:
When it starts up it checks the video hardware.  I'm curious, so now I have to try it on my quad to see if the video looks any better. I didn't try it earlier because I guess I just assumed it would be one of those little square streaming vids.  Didn't look too bad.

I just wonder how much bandwidth it uses.  When I'm downloading I can see a number but not with this.

Works on Vista64 but the video isn't any better.  Seems okay for preview.  I don't know if I could watch it for more than a few minutes though.  Don't like watching vids on PC except to check 'em out for flaws.

MilesAhead:
Just updated Firefox 3.6 with the built in updater to 3.6 Beta 2.  Now Netflix video is working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version