ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How would you improve a standard PC keyboard?

<< < (4/12) > >>

SteveJohnSteele:

Also, why the *frack* have peripheral manufacturers still not made a mouse with a wheel that supports side scrolling

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (November 08, 2009, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

What if the mouse had a tracker ball instead of a wheel?! That way would have up/down left/right and could put a button under it.
So ... button | ball | button ... [] ( ) []

SteveJohnSteele:
I'd want the number block on the left side so the mouse won't be too far away from the center of the keyboard. Better yet, completely do away with the number block like many laptops do
-housetier (November 09, 2009, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

or something like this (see picture) http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/akb.jpg

[main keyboard] [touch pad]

the touch pad can be programmed ... mouse, number pad, media etc

JavaJones:
Apple's "Mighty Mouse" has a ball for a "wheel". I really don't like it though. I like the more solid, "clicky" feel of a wheel really.

Ever since the "10 GUI" thread I've been really interested in the idea of a keyboard with a large multi-touch surface next to or as part of it. If it was also a screen (OLED or LCD), it could dynamically display keys or other info depending on the mode it's in. I'd pay $200 for a keyboard like this that worked well...

- Oshyan

Deozaan:

Also, why the *frack* have peripheral manufacturers still not made a mouse with a wheel that supports side scrolling

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (November 08, 2009, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

What if the mouse had a tracker ball instead of a wheel?! That way would have up/down left/right and could put a button under it.
So ... button | ball | button ... [] ( ) []

-SteveJohnSteele (November 09, 2009, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's how my Kensington SlimBlade Media Mouse is designed. And the ball makes a "clicky" sound as you move it, much like a standard scroll wheel does. You don't feel the click, but you can hear it.

EDIT: I actually have this set: http://us.kensington.com/html/13872.html

CleverCat:
Not so much improve as go back to something that got changed for no good reason.

2) Reduce the size of the BACKSPACE key and put the ESC key back in the 'numbers row' (top-left) where it belongs.

-40hz (November 09, 2009, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mine is like that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version