topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Not sure about this?  (Read 3744 times)

ron101

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not sure about this?
« on: November 08, 2009, 03:44 AM »
Does this only search the C directory or does it do them all C,D,E,F,G...., if it does could you show me how to do it coz i cant seem to find how?? ive got the latest one.

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Not sure about this?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Does this only search the C directory or does it do them all C,D,E,F,G...., if it does could you show me how to do it coz i cant seem to find how?? ive got the latest one.
FARR does not search all of your partitions. Default setting is to search your My Documents folder, Start menu, desktop etc... You can add additional folders to the search by opening Settings -> Search Folders. You'll see a list of folders that are set by default. You can add folders of your choosing, change order of search by drag and drop etc.

However, FARR is not designed to search your entire partitions or hard drive. Because of the index-less design FARR is slow on searching your entire disk. There is a plugin that can help you index your entire hard drive and quickly find files anywhere. More details here.

Although, you can navigate your entire disk by default, using "File browsing mode". Basically you just type c:\ into farr, and it gives you a list of files and folders inside C:\. You than navigate into folders by pressing tab, and filter the results by typing in more keys.

There is more on all of this in the help file provided.

--
skajfes
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

ron101

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Not sure about this?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 03:17 AM »
Thank very much you told me just what i wanted to know, thank you again