ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock: The Past, The Present and The Future

<< < (3/6) > >>

Markham:
Hmmm.... you two are showing your age  :D

Mark

Markham:
the search engines shouldnt have any trouble spidering the dcmembers sites.. ill check to see if there is some robots directive that might be blocking it. but it may just be that they dont scan it as regularly (yet) as some other pages.

but please do host it wherever works best for you! the dc space will always be here for you, and you can always use it as a backup.  :Thmbsup:
-mouser (December 11, 2009, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks mouser!

A good friend of mine here - who's in the "web business" - has had a look at the test site I put up a week or so ago (you know where it is  ;)) and he truly thinks the Google spider (at least) should have visited it at least twice since, but there's no trace of it if you Google "Circle Dock dcmembers". Now that site does have redirection (the default index points to the actual site) but, according to him, the rewrite/redirection does not break any search engine rules. As the Home Page has search engine friendly tags and content, his only explanation is that the search engines don't have the correct permissions - given the high-level of security you've imposed on that domain. Just a thought.

Mark.

sgtevmckay:
I am so frustrated I want to spit.

I pride myself on being able to find almost anything, or come up with about anything, on almost everything.
But base coding for Docklets adaption has proven incredibly elusive.

I have been dancing with programmers for a couple or more months now, and have come up empty handed, with great sorrow and disappointment.

I keep getting referred to a BaduKing (apparently a programming legend when it comes to multiple docklet integration), but apparently no one has heard from him in two years or better.

I have 2 remaining contacts to make:
I will approach StarDock (I am fairly certain where that will go)
I will approach the folks at RocketDock again (I fear that I may over extend teh kindness that they have extended to me)

@ Mouser:
I may be putting up a general call on the forum, and see if the DonationCoder brain trust may be able to direct me in a new direction.

@Markham:
I am sorry that I have been un-able to produce anything.....yet!!!  >:(

I am so disappointed in myself and my apparent in-ability to deliver at this time

Markham:
Hey, don't beat yourself up over it Sarge  :) Thanks for all your determined efforts in that cause though.

Mark

sgtevmckay:
Thanks

Know that I am not done yet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version