ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock: The Past, The Present and The Future

(1/6) > >>

Markham:
Eric Wong - "Video-In-Picture" - is Circle Dock's original author and the first versions were written in Microsoft's Visual Basic. More recently he converted the whole project to C# (pronounced "C Sharp") and that remains the language used for its development. The last version he released was "Alpha 8" and that was in September 2008 and shortly after he released a binary only version which included the ability to set the shape of the dock to be elliptical. He last posted here around 8th October 2008 and also added an entry on the Circle Dock website that the next release - "Alpha 9" - was postponed indefinitely.

Unfortunately he does not appear to have returned either to this site or to the development of this, or any of his other programs, since that date.

I first came across Circle Dock towards the end of August but on finding some nasty bugs, downloaded the source code and began to fix all those I came across. I also added some new features and released an unofficial version in early September. Since that time, I have continued to fix further bugs, make some changes (such as the new Properties dialog) and add a raft of new features. Some of the new features are not mine - the enhanced drag-and-drop and Toggle Button - are the work of another Circle Dock enthusiast, "Dr Wicked".

I will continue to develop and maintain Circle Dock for the foreseeable future and should Eric return in the interim, I will gladly hand-back the development - and kudos - to him. Until that time, you can rest assured that work will continue on Circle Dock.

There's now a new moderating team for this Forum: SgtEVMcKay joins me in keeping some sort of order in this place!

Mark

mouser:
Mark, I know I speak for many when I thank you and Dr Wicked and SgtEvMcKay for bringing Circle Dock back to life.  Eric is still very much missed, and when he is ready it will be wonderful to have him back.  Let us know when and how we can be of help to you guys in your efforts.  Thank you. 

sgtevmckay:
Now I know I missed something  :o

Time for another one of my blow hard, long winded speeches.

I first want to send along my apologies as I have been inundated with the final release of promotion of Rainmeter 1.1
It was released Nov 01, 2009, but the hit has not come until the last few days...and I have been neglectful in here with assistance, and with not having informed friends and acquaitences here about the new Rainmeter: which I will remedy soon.
Most embarrassing

I want to say thank you to Markham for taking on this excellent project and for doing what I can not, and that is program.
I am a skinner and artist of others works, and the art I do with CircleDock will continue in the not too far future as we take a break at the Rainmeter development and forum.

Mouser....You embarrass me, but I am grateful
I am 40 years old, and until the last year I have never understood what it is to take pride in what I do.
CircleDock was the beginning, CircleDock with Rainmeter has given me an opportunity to be part of something that is larger than myself, but also allows me to assist other with software I believe in.

I am humbled...Humbled my the software, the community here at donation coder, and the people that this community and environment provide.
I am also humbled by the becoming a Moderator for this little part of the community.

I will continue to assist as I can, as I have for almost a year now, and I will continue to e-mail Eric at the e-mail addresses that do not return a bad address.

I to hope for our beloved V.I.P.'s return, and hope that one day this will happen.

Mouser....You have given me access (some time ago) to some space here at he forums for my own bidding.
I would suggest the use of this as a new launch page for CircleDock...I have approached teh Admin. at wikidot, but there feelings are that any unapproved modification, at this time, would be grossly inappropriate...I respect that, but the word for Markham's work, and updates to CircleDock must be more publicized.
Since I have truly obtained a number of connections for software and media outlets. I would approach these places with the latest information.
I would also propose to make teh spave that you have so graciously given a new front page for CircleDock, and maybe we can get the page up, loaded, and Google (and others) to recognize this as a new front page.

I ask this through a lump in my throat, as I am overjoyed and emotionally hit by the unexpected trust and praise.
What say you folks?

mouser:
sgtevmckay,

i'm sorry i missed this post originally!! please excuse my late reply  :o
and thank you for such nice words.

there is such a satisfaction in working on a project and seeing it develop -- i think it's something most of us here share an appreciation of.  it doesn't really matter *what* you work on, but pick a project of some sort and put your heart into it, and your life will be made more fulfilling.

as for CircleDock web space, etc., you guys absolutely will have anything you need from us in that regard.  both you and markham have web space on dcmembers.com, though i understand that markham has been having a bit of trouble uploading to it lately.

maybe a good solution would be to give circledock it's own dedicated page, like circledock.dcmembers.com or something like that.  you could just put up static page and downloads there, or we would be happy to set up a wiki page for it there, or cms, whatever.  if you coordinate with markham and let me know what you would like i will make it happen.

sgtevmckay:
@Markham

I have access to the CircleDock WikiDock site.
Other than a slight learning curve on the how to;s of the site
We are G to G  :Thmbsup:

I will start committing updates soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version