ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any XP users switching to Windows 7 yet?

<< < (18/26) > >>

f0dder:
cmpm: in which ways do you find w7 to be faster than XP? (Not that I disagree, just want to hear other people's opinion :)).

UAC is annoying at first, but you get used to it quickly - and it's good for security (just remember to crank the UAC security level to the max in the control panel, otherwise it's useless).

cmpm:
everything starts faster, most notably firefox

there doesn't seem to be as much process' starting or they start faster
dunno?

f0dder:
everything starts faster, most notably firefox

there doesn't seem to be as much process' starting or they start faster
dunno?
-cmpm (November 30, 2009, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
SuperFetch :-*

Carol Haynes:
For me the nice thing about the startup is that you get control of your system much earlier (even if it hasn't fully finished the startup process).

Darwin:
For me the nice thing about the startup is that you get control of your system much earlier (even if it hasn't fully finished the startup process).
-Carol Haynes (November 30, 2009, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes - my experience is that Vista 64 and Win7 64 boot to the login prompt in about the same amount of time. The big difference, however, is that Win7 loads to a useable desktop in a few seconds whereas Vista and XP take quite a bit longer to do the same. The Vista/Win7 comparison are on the same machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version