topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Dr.Frog - Nice blog entry about DonationCoder.com and Coding Snacks  (Read 5784 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
The Coding Snacks section of the DC forum can be a kind of magical place.  People post requests for small utilities and if they are lucky, wake up in the morning to find a free brand new sparkling program written to do what they asked.

If you talk to the coders that participate in that section you'll find that their motivation is really about the enjoyment of programming.  But part of the enjoyment is also related to knowing that you are making something that someone needs and appreciates.

That's why it's so satisfying and reinvigorating to read blog entries like this one..

How I Got Someone to Make This For Me, or Why DonationCoder.com Is Pretty Awesome: ... I posted my issue on the DonationCoder forum, and very quickly received a response. A word about these guys: they know their software pretty well. Several talented and patient developers frequent the forum and are often ready with helpful advice or a solution for clearly-stated issues. Some of these guys have created literally hundreds of “Coding Snacks,” whose use cases range from the basic to the utterly arcane. In all cases, someone just like me piped up with a small, unique problem that had no prior solution, and someone stepped forward to help out. In my case, developer Skwire came to the rescue. Within a few forum posts, I had the software I needed..

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dr.Frog - Nice blog entry about DonationCoder.com and Coding Snacks
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 11:55 AM »
High praise for DC, indeed. I noticed he even heaped some praise on FARR as well.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 01:47 PM »
Nice article and nice site. Interesting comment on launchy  ;)

doctorfrog

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 01:18 PM »
Neat, I made the newsletter!  :Thmbsup: My blog is now getting views in the double digits.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:19 PM by doctorfrog »