ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

<< < (14/24) > >>

doctorfrog:
Currently, I have Anuran set to archive my logs every day. This doesn't seem to be happening. Does Anuran only archive every day, only if it's running for 24 hours? Can it check the creation date of the log, and go by that instead?-doctorfrog (November 11, 2009, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct, Anuran assumes it will be kept running and archives on a running timer.  This can be changed how you desire but I'll need to do some thinking on the most effective way.  The custom timestamping is what makes something like this difficult.  I think the best way would be to keep might be to keep the last archive time in the config.ini and base archive decisions off of that.
-skwire (November 11, 2009, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
We could resolve this by having Anuran place a generically-formatted timestamp in the first (or last) line of every logfile. It could use this instead of parsing whatever custom timestamp a user might choose. This would also resolve any issues with sorting. If the generic timestamp is missing, AnuVu can just go by whatever's easiest to code: file properties?

Example generic timestamp: "[anuran_11112009123030] (do not edit this line)"

(All other items in your previous post, no reply necessary.)

tomos:
just passing through here so have only glanced at previous posts
Personally I wouuld have kept all time stamps (or at least the logfile name/timestamp) as
2009-11-11 21:00
or something comparable e.g.
2009_11_11-2100
to avoid the : & spaces in the filename
-
I know Skwire you say some people have a problem with 24hr clock but I think everyone understands it & it sorts logically

doctorfrog:
Submitting more sounds. Open to thoughts.

skwire:
frog_1.wav rocks.  =]

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.6 - 2009-11-11
    * Took off the ReadOnly property of AnuVu's display field.  Any changes
      made to the displayed text will NOT be saved.  (Thanks, doctorfrog)
    * AnuVu v1.0.2:
        + Added find-as-you-type searching.
        + Added basic text formatting to the displayed entries.
        + Added right-click menu to the listview.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version