ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

<< < (7/24) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2009-11-08
    * Cosmetic changes to the Options Popup tab.
    + Added configurable timestamp for archived logs.  (Thanks, doctorfrog)
    + Added configurable timestamp for popup titlebar.  (Thanks, doctorfrog)
    + Added configurable timestamp for note entries.  (Thanks, doctorfrog)

Edit: Removed older screenshots.

1. File collisions could be avoided if the filename included the time as well as date. However, I find [1], [2] to be personally acceptable.
2. Right-click option to Archive current log = good thing.
3. An advantage to using current.anu is that when the viewer is invoked, it can easily be programmed to display the most current logfile. Obviously, it should not lock this file when it is being viewed.
4. I see the viewer as a separate .exe from Anuran. From the limited comments in this thread, there are some who want one, some who don't, so a separate viewer would please both crowds.-doctorfrog (November 07, 2009, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) Correct...putting the time in there, especially with seconds, should avoid any collisions.
2) I will add this in the next build (along with customisable archive folder).
3) The viewer will never lock the file.
4) Hmmm...I'll give this idea some thought.

If you don't mind another of my drawings, here's another mockup of a simpler two-pane viewer layout. (Stick with whatever you feel works best, however):
Notes:
0. Proposed viewer names: Anuview, Anuvu, Anuran Viewer
1. The panes and window itself would be resizable, of course.
2. The items in the logfile pane would be organized according to file datestamp, or according to the first datestamp contained within the file itself, in case the file properties get messed up by Windows.
3. On startup, Anuview defaults to current.anu. Logfile pane defaults to \archive, but the current.anu is always displayed on top.
4. If Anuview is started by double-clicking on a .anu file, it displays the file, regardless of where it is, plus any other .anu files that are in the same directory as the .anu file it is displaying. This is for folks who end up moving their logfiles around.
5. Do we want a full-on file tree in the logfile pane, or just a 'flat' list of logfiles in \archive?
6. Ignore the titlebar and status bar ornamentation, they come from bblean's skinning engine.
7. And yes, I basically took a screenshot of MiniAim, and cut and pasted around.-doctorfrog (November 07, 2009, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Zero-relative.  Hehehe.
0) I like AnuVu best.  =]
1) Agreed.
2) Well, pick one.  I would prefer to go off of filename, personally.
3) Can do.
4) Sure.
5) Flat list.  Trees in AHK are a pain in the arse.
6) Yep, I run bbLean as well.
7) No worries; this is extremely close to what I had in mind for a simple viewer.

Blue-sky possibilities:
1. If you apply a 'tail' function to the viewer, it could even auto-update the contents, which provides a fingertip-ready view of the last x hours of entries. I worry a little about people who want to tail their own personal log, but it does provide a quick answer to the question "Now, just what the hell have I been doing the last hour?"
2. An automatic vertical timescale that visually measured the time between each entry would still be a pretty neat Stupid Coding Trick.-doctorfrog (November 07, 2009, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) Should be doable.
2) Probably not going to happen.  =]

doctorfrog:
1. The download is for the 1.0.1 build. Screenshots are tantalizing, though.

2. I agree that having the viewer sort logfiles according to the timestamp in the filename is best, I was just concerned that if the user can change the filename timestamp to whatever he wants, AnuVu would get confused.

skwire:
Gah...it helps if I actually upload the new build.  Soz.  It's there now.

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.3 - 2009-11-09
    + Added a "Play" button to the Popup tab to allow preview of the chosen .wav file.
    + Added configurable log folder.  (Thanks, doctorfrog)
    + Added "Archive now" button to the Options Archive tab.

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system
NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary systemNANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary systemNANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary systemNANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

tomos:
wowee :)
got a bit of catching up to do :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version