ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

<< < (16/24) > >>

doctorfrog:
Bug: AnuVu displays logfile entries with repeating dates (logfile itself is fine):

--- ---========================================
current.anu
========================================
2009-11-12 @ 11:14:24 PM 2009-11-12 @ 11:14:24 PM (test) 
2009-11-12 @ 11:15:21 PM 2009-11-12 @ 11:15:21 PM (testy testy test test) 
2009-11-12 @ 11:15:24 PM 2009-11-12 @ 11:15:24 PM (test)   
2009-11-12 @ 11:15:28 PM 2009-11-12 @ 11:15:28 PM (testomattica)

I'll wait for the next rev before commenting on the style format.

Request (minor): Is it possible to keep current.anu always on top of the sorted list?
Request: User-configurable hotkey to launch AnuVu. (Options>Hotkeys tab)
Request: User option: Double-click on tray icon launches AnuVu, or Popup. (Popup by default.)

tomos:
minor window bug (I think)

* Launch AnuVu
* Maximise window
* Close
* Relaunch - it's full screen
* Click the middle button for 'Normal' window - window stays full screen size
so I guess it's not remembering previous normal window size (or do apps usually have a default normal window size?)

tomos:
1) I think any feature requests I make at this stage are icing ;)
so...
 ~ Option in AnuVu to launch file in default (or custom) text editor ?

2) Also: Confirm Dr.Frog's report above - viewer showing double date/times

3) I'm wondering out loud here - if there's any way of stripping out the dates in a text editor - may seem like an odd idea - but I'm still unsure how I might use the programme in the future - & for some possible uses the times might just get in the way.
I'm not that familiar with find and replace - maybe if some editor can use wildcard (*) and removes from the § to the carriage return (I think Textmaker can do that actually)

skwire:
Bug: AnuVu displays logfile entries with repeating dates (logfile itself is fine):-doctorfrog (November 13, 2009, 12:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Please attach the .anu file that does this.

Request (minor): Is it possible to keep current.anu always on top of the sorted list?
Request: User-configurable hotkey to launch AnuVu. (Options>Hotkeys tab)
Request: User option: Double-click on tray icon launches AnuVu, or Popup. (Popup by default.)
-doctorfrog (November 13, 2009, 12:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

1-3. Added to the ToDo.

minor window bug (I think)

* Launch AnuVu
* Maximise window
* Close
* Relaunch - it's full screen
* Click the middle button for 'Normal' window - window stays full screen size
so I guess it's not remembering previous normal window size (or do apps usually have a default normal window size?)
-tomos (November 13, 2009, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

AnuVu remembers the size and position of its window when it closes.  So, if it's maximised, it remembers those coordinates and, on start, moves and sizes the window according to those saved values.  It doesn't remember the maximised state.  I never maximise a window so I guess I don't notice these things much.   :)  I have hotkeys that move/resize windows into various locations.

That being said, I'll see what I can do about it.

1) I think any feature requests I make at this stage are icing ;)
so...
 ~ Option in AnuVu to launch file in default (or custom) text editor ?

2) Also: Confirm Dr.Frog's report above - viewer showing double date/times

3) I'm wondering out loud here - if there's any way of stripping out the dates in a text editor - may seem like an odd idea - but I'm still unsure how I might use the programme in the future - & for some possible uses the times might just get in the way.
I'm not that familiar with find and replace - maybe if some editor can use wildcard (*) and removes from the § to the carriage return (I think Textmaker can do that actually)
-tomos (November 13, 2009, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

1. Added to the ToDo.
2. Please attach your .anu file.
3. Most text editors can do a regex match and replace.

As I get deeper into writing AnuVu, I may make some minor changes to the .anu format.  I say this because it will most likely break compatibility with previous .anu files.  Since it's early, I hope you two haven't saved too much important data in your .anu files.  =]

tomos:
Yeah - the maximise window would normally not be a problem & not a problem to me as I just used gridmove to resize it

Attached test file from a fresh 'install' - the only thing I changed was the timing of the popup. Still same problem with double dates showing in viewer - I had to change the extension to upload

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version