ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

<< < (21/24) > >>

skwire:
I think the Trout screencasts need to come first.  Bahahahaha.

Ransom:
Feature Request: I find that there are times when I don't want Anuran to pop up as it normally does - For instance if I'm using a fullscreen application.
I could just close Anuran and re-open it when I'm done, but I'd prefer a "Pause" option on the tray icon's right-click menu.

Ideally there would also be a hotkey to toggle pause on and off.

It may also be useful to have a user-configurable "auto-resume" so that the user doesn't forget to unpause, but this isn't critical.

Even without this, Anuran is a great little app. Good work!

skwire:
I'm easy - actually I think 'as is' is best - you might have many files showing in viewer but it only opens last selected in Notepad anyways.

I was just trying to think of a way to make it clear to new users - I guess something like Dr.Frog suggested might be clearer (in the menu) - "Open selected file in Notepad" (?)
-tomos (November 17, 2009, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I changed the default to that but, in case you didn't realise it, you can change the menu text to whatever you like.

I believe that mass export into plaintext is on the todo list anyway, which will reach the same end, with the added benefit that they'll also be a little bit easier to read. In the meantime, 'export current view to file' mostly fulfills that desire anyway.-doctorfrog (November 17, 2009, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right, the "Export current view to file" ought to cover most things so, I'm curious, how did you want the mass export to work?

Speaking of which:
- Feature request: AnuVu: select all/select none capability in logfile pane. This can be relegated to an Edit menu, or appended to the File menu.
- To Discuss: what are your thoughts on a buttoned toolbar in AnuVu? I personally don't need it, but do you think users will want it?-doctorfrog (November 17, 2009, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

1. Will add in the next build.
2. Yes, a toolbar is planned.  I dig toolbars.  =]

skwire:
Feature Request: I find that there are times when I don't want Anuran to pop up as it normally does - For instance if I'm using a fullscreen application.
I could just close Anuran and re-open it when I'm done, but I'd prefer a "Pause" option on the tray icon's right-click menu.
It may also be useful to have a user-configurable "auto-resume" so that the user doesn't forget to unpause, but this isn't critical.
Even without this, Anuran is a great little app. Good work!
-Ransom (November 17, 2009, 10:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

A pause option is certainly doable...maybe change the icon to the a red frog or something.  A hotkey for such is easy as well.  I'll add both of these items to my ToDo.  The auto-resume idea is certainly doable but I think some things ought to be left to the responsibility of the user.  Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it.

doctorfrog:
I'd prefer a "Pause" option on the tray icon's right-click menu.

-Ransom (November 17, 2009, 10:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been thinking of requesting this feature myself. I like the idea of shading the icon to indicate Anuran is suspended. There is the issue of remembering to turn it back on, and I think an auto-resume option is a bit much. How about this:

Request: Even if Anuran's popup is temporarily "paused," Anuran still makes the event sound (ribbit) at the appropriate times, just without the popup. This is a toggleable option, in case the user doesn't want to be bothered at all. Hope that isn't too much work, Skwire.

Right, the "Export current view to file" ought to cover most things so, I'm curious, how did you want the mass export to work?
-skwire (November 17, 2009, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just see it as stripping the markup from the individual text files, and saving as .txt. No more, no less. The more I think about it, though, the less I see the use in this, unless the logfiles start to become more complex. "Export view" does a pretty good job on its own.

Also, I'm fiddling with CamStudio now, I can try my hand at a feature tour screencast. I'm kind of a dork, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version