ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Jessica Williams track wanted ...

(1/2) > >>

tsaint:
I would really like to get hold of the track "Midnight Sun" from Jessica Williams' album High Standards (1996).
Its available at Emusic, but not to me. Would happily pay / trade (assuming that's legal - if not, wouldn't even think of doing it).

Innuendo:
Unfortunately, reselling digital music is not legal in the music industry's eyes. Heck, they act like people are taking food out of their mouths when the subject of buying used CDs comes up.

If you cannot buy the track at an online music store then the only way to stay legal is to buy the CD or CD single & rip the track yourself.

tsaint:
Thanks Innuendo, in that case I ought not go down the buying route I guess.
(Though on second thoughts, I wonder what's the difference between buying it from X, as opposed to appointing X as my agent to purchase on my behalf)

Innuendo:
(Though on second thoughts, I wonder what's the difference between buying it from X, as opposed to appointing X as my agent to purchase on my behalf)-tsaint (November 05, 2009, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

According to the record industry if the value of X equals an individual that's not legal, either. These dinosaurs are going to cling to their outdated business model till the very end.

Dormouse:
What you probably can do is to appoint an agent to make the payment for you, but you be the purchaser. Not sure if that would get around your purchasing problem. You would need to be the one doing the downloading and registering as the purchaser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version