topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [Feature Requests]: Location of box, direction of results popup, path hint popup  (Read 4181 times)

ZekeBlue

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I had been using Executor and am switching to FARR.  Much more powerful, thanks!

Here are my requests/suggestions:

1) I would like to keep the search bar visible on the desktop and located at the bottom of the screen just above the taskbar.  Unfortunately, with every search, it moves up to the middle and stays there.  This leads to:

2) Allow the results list to popup above the search bar instead of only below.  I would guess either an option to specify which direction or automatically based on room available on the screen.  I think this would then allow leaving the bar at the bottom of the screen.  Maybe an option to lock its position (prevent dragging).

3) With full path displayed as one of the columns, it would be most convenient to have a "hint" popup when hovering the mouse pointer over the field when the text is truncated.

Thanks for your consideration and great work.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:07 PM by ZekeBlue »

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
1) I would like to keep the search bar visible on the desktop and located at the bottom of the screen just above the taskbar.  Unfortunately, with every search, it moves up to the middle and stays there.

Perhaps phitsc's FarrMultiMonitor plugin could be extended to do something appropriate -- it currently can handle centering.

I don't have any relevant ideas about the other points :)