ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

beeping, cheeping, chirping :-(

(1/3) > >>

brotherS:
Hi!

Sometimes all sounds played in Windows (2000) are totally f*cked up for no apparent reason, it's more some kind of chirping or beeping instead of the regular Windows samples. Same happens when I try to play something in Winamp or other programs then :(

I used to reboot my PC when this happened, but recently I found out that closing most of the running apps and giving the PC a few minutes to 'recover' is enough. Weird, huh?

Any ideas what could cause this? Any fixes?

mouser:
open up your computer case and remove any bird nests.

brotherS:
-mouser (January 07, 2006, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
I checked already, there are only the usual bats hanging around in the back of my big tower.

Josh:
--- End quote ---
I checked already, there are only the usual bats hanging around in the back of my big tower.

-brotherS (January 07, 2006, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you installed any codec packs recently? And does this occur only on audio files or audio and video together?

brotherS:
Have you installed any codec packs recently? And does this occur only on audio files or audio and video together?
--- End quote ---
I installed and uninstalled different codes packs in 2005, but the problem occures too rarely to be related to codec problems IMHO. When it happens it happens for every single audio output, audio and video.
-brotherS (January 07, 2006, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
-Josh (January 07, 2006, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version