topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Windows7 Aero snap conflicts  (Read 5821 times)

dracko86

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Windows7 Aero snap conflicts
« on: December 22, 2009, 01:30 AM »
I hate to be one of those persons that takes software written for one OS and applies it to another and mentions possible improvements, but today I am.

Setup:
A. Windows7 x32
B. Coral Process running in Compatibility mode for WinXp SP3 as Admin

I noticed that dragging a screen over the reserved area triggers window7's aero snap feature when the mouse drag point nears the edge of the reserved area of Coral. Aero snap also behaves properly and feeds the gui out of the reserved area and along the side of the coral area it was attempting to doc to.

I propose that adding an override to the program to prevent aero snap from triggering by listening to a modifier key (shift/alt/ctrl) would be great. This would allow for windows7 users to easily place gui's within the doc area without any other patch solution.

Happy coding and thanks for reading my suggestion.
-Dracko86

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows7 Aero snap conflicts
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:11 AM »
there is nothing wrong with asking for features.. but i'm afraid what you are asking may not be feasible, due to the way DesktopCoral works.. it basically tells windows it is a docked sidebar application.. which prevents windows from being maximized over it, but also triggers this automatic behavior stuff that i can't just turn off.

the alternative solution would be a program that did NOT simulate a docked sidebar, but instead actively moved (only some) windows out of a region.  actually one of the dc members here made something like that once, can anyone remember it ? (i think it was dcmember jgpaiva). and there may be others.

dracko86

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows7 Aero snap conflicts
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:55 AM »
Extremely annoying that MS does not have a hook to allow disabling this feature temporarily! :nono2:

Looks like I will just disable the windows7 flavor and download an ahk program that succeeds where they fail.