topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Use DekstopCoral to create a sidebar with windows gadgets?  (Read 8615 times)

ElykS

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Use DekstopCoral to create a sidebar with windows gadgets?
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Hey,

I am using Desktopcoral since sometime now, untill I upgraded to Windows 7 I just used it to keep my RocketDock desktop area empty.
Now with Win 7 I would like to use it like the vista sidebar, i mean that i would like to have my desktop gadgets at the right area of the desktop and reserve this area with the help of DesktopCoral.
The problem is that DesktopCoral is always pushing my gadgets away. :-P
So I start the gadgets, they all are at the right position. Then I open DesktopCoral and all gadgets are moved out of the area I want to reserve for these gadgets.
If I start DesktopCoral first and then launch the gadgets I have the same problem.

Any idea for a solution?

Thanks for your help.

markafrey

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Use DekstopCoral to create a sidebar with windows gadgets?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 02:06 PM »
This is the same thing I wish to use DesktopCoral for and I have same unworkable experience: even if I drag the gadgets back in place, eventually they get pushed over again and must be individually put back in place--over and over again. So I've quite using DesktopCoral but keep checking back to see if this is ever fixed. I'm not sure it is even possible to fix though given the crazy way the gadgets are programmed now.

<rant>  Why didn't Microsoft just make the sidebar background optional instead of totally removing it--stupid, just plain stupid! </rant>

letmein

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:27 PM »
I used DesktopCoral to create a sidebar as well. Actually a side taskbar. See attachment. :)

ElykS

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 12:47 AM »
Yes, i am using it for my dockbar, too, but the windows gadgets wont work in this area and are pushed out every time  :(
And with 7 its even not possible to disable the "taskbar always on top" feature, so i cant have my dockbar (rocket dock) at an area in my real taskbar.

I wonder if there is a solution for any of this problems.

letmein

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member