topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Outliner/Diary application AllMyNotes Organizer (freeware)  (Read 52904 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Outliner/Diary application AllMyNotes Organizer (freeware)
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Twice I've tried to install this program and twice Norton AV2010 has deleted it, with a notice about suspicious activity detected. Whilst I'm sure it's a false positive given that others seem to be having no problem I thought it worth mentioning because there may well be something the author can do to prevent this happening.

Any thoughts ?

I am having the same problem.  I am using NIS v17.1.0.19 under Win 7. It notified me the installer was engaging in "suspicious behavior" and removed it. Perhaps it's also worth mentioning that under Details, it says "Very Few Users, Risk High". This was the first time I tried to install the program.

On the bright side, the program looks great. The cost seems very reasonable for what the program does. Thanks for developing it and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for giving DC members the generous discount.

Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

MetaRoot

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Vladonai Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Twice I've tried to install this program and twice Norton AV2010 has deleted it, with a notice about suspicious activity detected. Whilst I'm sure it's a false positive given that others seem to be having no problem I thought it worth mentioning because there may well be something the author can do to prevent this happening.

Any thoughts ?

I am having the same problem.  I am using NIS v17.1.0.19 under Win 7. It notified me the installer was engaging in "suspicious behavior" and removed it. Perhaps it's also worth mentioning that under Details, it says "Very Few Users, Risk High". This was the first time I tried to install the program.

On the bright side, the program looks great. The cost seems very reasonable for what the program does. Thanks for developing it and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for giving DC members the generous discount.

Ken

Ok... I'm able to reproduce it. Had to raise all security settings to maximum level. Now - please take a look at reasons why Norton says that the file is not good enough: (1) Very new (oh course, version 1.16 was released less then week ago), (2) Very few users - fewer then 10 users in the Norton Community have used this file, (3) Good - there is indicators that this file is trustworthy. Does it sounds like a virus to you???

As a developer I can guarantee that the software is safe and free from any kind of viruses, spyware, riskware, or adware.

Each time before release we are scaning software using http://www.virustotal.com/ and http://virscan.org/ which is scaning software using 50 antivirus engines. Additionaly to that I can give referrences to our security awards performed by various sites:
http://www.softpedia...er-Clean-140077.html
http://allmynotes-or...ftware.qarchive.org/
http://www.downloadr...adonai-Software.html
http://www.topsharew...n-download-73777.htm
http://www.soft82.co...llmynotes-organizer/
http://www.downloadi...xe-Edition-1.14.html
http://www.4pcsoft.c...ers/file_s18226.html
http://www.fileclust...-Deluxe-Edition.html
http://www.qweas.com...notes-organizer.html
http://www.rosoftdow...llmynotes-organizer/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:14 AM by MetaRoot »

tanis424

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 02:40 PM »
In my case I certainly wasn't implying that there was a security issue with your software. I've installed other things with very few users and they havent made Norton delete the archive though. Perhaps you could post on the Symantec forums and see if there's a solution.

thebaglady608

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Neat program!  I like the look of it, and I appreciate the simplicity of the interface...so many notetaking programs try to throw everything in, and it's just too much. 

Some thoughts!

1.  One suggestion I have is to allow the user to do multiple import/export commands at once (ie, choose more than one file via shift/ctrl-click in the import dialogue or have a wizard where you can add lots of files to a queue and then import/export them all).  I'm a writer, and I'm plotting using this thing for organizing some of my existing writing...but importing each of hundreds of .txt documents one at a time sounds not fun.  I like how you've made .txt and .rtf the import-export formats, though.  I love me my non-proprietary format! 

2.  The filtering and searching is FAST.  Granted, I don't have much in there, but it is really snappy right now.

3.  If you want to cater to the writers, a fullscreen distraction-free mode with no toolbars and a word count function would win you points with them.

4.  Being able to change the default font and background colors would be nice (it's nice to be able to do a dark background with light text at night).

5.  Any plans to support some sort of tagging?  Would likely make this more useful for journal-takers who might want to do entries named/filed by the date but then tag to identify the content of the entry....

Overall, though, this is pretty much what I've been looking for in a journaling/organizer program.  Keep up the good work, and thanks for the discount!

MetaRoot

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Vladonai Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 04:49 AM »
1.  One suggestion I have is to allow the user to do multiple import/export commands at once (ie, choose more than one file via shift/ctrl-click in the import dialogue or have a wizard where you can add lots of files to a queue and then import/export them all).  I'm a writer, and I'm plotting using this thing for organizing some of my existing writing...but importing each of hundreds of .txt documents one at a time sounds not fun.  I like how you've made .txt and .rtf the import-export formats, though.  I love me my non-proprietary format! 

3.  If you want to cater to the writers, a fullscreen distraction-free mode with no toolbars and a word count function would win you points with them.

Thank you, these two are noted and scheduled for implementation.

4.  Being able to change the default font and background colors would be nice (it's nice to be able to do a dark background with light text at night).

We are going to create new skins soon, in meantime, you can simply play with SkinInfo.ini file of your current skin - all colors can be customized there.

5.  Any plans to support some sort of tagging?  Would likely make this more useful for journal-takers who might want to do entries named/filed by the date but then tag to identify the content of the entry....

You are not alone who needs this feature, so obviously it will be implemented soon enough, we only have to decide how to do it, cause some people want bookmarks, others want tags. We'll need to satisfy all these requirements. And ideally I would like to combine both this features in one.

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 01:29 AM »
MetaRoot,

What is the update (within major versions) upgrade AND upgrade (from one major version to the next) policy for those who decide to purchase your program? For tho software buying addicts among us, who could resist buying it with that ENORMOUS DC discount you have offered??? Do we get all future versions free though (please please please) or what exactly?

Thanks, Ken

P.S. Best of success with your startup company!
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 06:24 PM »
CleverCat: What am asking is "How do I link some text inside AllMyNotes to a URL?".
Just type the link into your text and, when required, ctrl+click on it to launch. Does that help?
I have suggested several things that I'd like to see in AllMyNotes.
Volodymyr has been both patient in considering these and helpful at implementing those that have at least some merit.
If you have a suggestion about links, why not shoot him a note?

MetaRoot

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Vladonai Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 04:58 AM »
If you have a suggestion about links, why not shoot him a note?
-cranioscopical (December 14, 2009, 06:24 PM)

Indeed there was an issue with opening urls that where missing http:// in some browsers (from example, in Chrome). It's fixed in new version 1.17, which will be released today (if all will go well).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 08:14 AM »
All of the discounts that DC arrange are always for full version with full upgrade rights same as if you bought the program full price.

I'm not sure MetaRoot (Volodymyr ) has published an upgrade cost policy.. Volodymyr maybe you would consider doing so? For some people it's very important to know that if they buy your software and you release new versions, that your policy is reasonable about upgrading.

Here's an example policy:
http://www.aignes.co...ewnews&newsid=62

MetaRoot

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Vladonai Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 10:15 AM »
All of the discounts that DC arrange are always for full version with full upgrade rights same as if you bought the program full price.

I'm not sure MetaRoot (Volodymyr ) has published an upgrade cost policy.. Volodymyr maybe you would consider doing so? For some people it's very important to know that if they buy your software and you release new versions, that your policy is reasonable about upgrading.

Here's an example policy:
http://www.aignes.co...ewnews&newsid=62

All minor updates and fixes are free, bought version will never expire, major updates will be released approximately once per 6-12 months. If purchase was made 12 months previously to major update, license for next major upgrade will be free for everyone who purchased previous version within 12 month.

Upgrade price will be 50% of regular price. Currently regular price is $34, and I believe it will be approximately same for version 2.

You can buy an upgrade whenever you want, no matter what version and when was purchased, upgrade to current version whenever you want by upgrade price. All versions that will be released during 12 months since upgrade purchase date are free, same as for initial purchase.

Also, before next major update we'll have at least one month of Beta-testing, which means that everyone who will find 3-4 bugs, will get update for free. Additionally, we have other offers - for localizers, for referring a friend, for reviewers. We are pretty open to this, here is a list of currently active offers - http://www.vladonai....oduct_buy_promos.php

P.S. In nearest days we’ll publish this upgrade policy on our web-site.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 10:20 AM »
 :Thmbsup:

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 01:00 AM »
AllMyNotes is not showing in System Tray, even though I've checked 'always show' in Taskbar Properties?

Is there a shortcut to open Main Window - I can't find one!

edit: just updated and it's showing!  :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:10 AM by CleverCat »

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2009, 01:46 AM »
Just want to thank MetaRoot for fixing a small issue I had - he's a star!  :Thmbsup:

OkRob

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2009, 09:32 AM »
As a user of several notekeeping apps, I like this one, may even purchase it. One thing I do need in whichever app I use to organize all my notes is strikethrough text however. I cannot find it with AllMyNotes. Is it there or can it be added? That's the biggest thing keeping me from buying it right now. Thanks and very nice app MetaRoot!  :Thmbsup:

MetaRoot

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Vladonai Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 01:17 PM »
As a user of several notekeeping apps, I like this one, may even purchase it. One thing I do need in whichever app I use to organize all my notes is strikethrough text however. I cannot find it with AllMyNotes. Is it there or can it be added? That's the biggest thing keeping me from buying it right now. Thanks and very nice app MetaRoot!  :Thmbsup:

Thank you. We've filed it as a feature request and it will be implemented. The only thing is that currently we have pretty long list of features to implement, so it's not gonna be implemented immediately.

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2009, 12:22 AM »
Small request! could you get it to make toast? Or Coffee?

Dog Laugh.gif

bratliff

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2009, 05:38 AM »
Allmynotes looks really good. But I use PIM'S that has timers and reminders built in.  :D

MetaRoot

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Vladonai Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2009, 07:43 AM »
Allmynotes looks really good. But I use PIM'S that has timers and reminders built in.  :D

Major point of AllMyNotes Organizer is notetaking. However, as there is demind for scheduling functionality, we are going to implement this feature very soon. It will be possible to insert alarms in notes, even multiple alarms per documents will be allowed. Also, will be possible to create repeating alarms (daily, weekly, monthly, annualy, and some others).

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2009, 12:44 AM »
 :Thmbsup:

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Hi MetaRoot,

Thanks for the interaction on DC (DonationCoder)!  It is always nice to chat with a developer.  :)

One thing I have not been able to find and is crucial to thought-flow, is a global keyboard shortcut to present an open note even if AllMyNotes is minimized or in the systray.  If it is there already, I would appreciate a heads-up on where to find it.  If it is not, then accept this as a request for a user-defined global keyboard shortcut (Ex: Windows-Ctrl-A, Shift-Alt-N, etc.).

Looks good so far and kudos for a usable free edition, although I can already see use for the Deluxe and I do have a valentine!  :-*

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2010, 01:24 PM »
Ok, while I wait for some response to my previous post I thought I would relate something I found odd with AllMyNotes...  :huh:

Yesterday, I needed to disable all my startup items.  Today I have had some of them startup and I have allowed some and thought better about others to keep a lean mean computing machine.  I had occasion to fire up AllMyNotes and WinPatrol alerted me that a new stratup program has been detected...

C:\Program Files\AllMyNotes Organizer\AllMyNotes.exe -autostartup

Fine, I don't want it in my startup, but I want to test it out some more, so I push the "No" button.  I expected I would proceed with my trial, but am surprised to discover that the program has canceled itself!  :o   Again, I try it and same result.  After the third time, my browser opens up with a page from WinPatrol with the following verbiage...
Why this is happening?
Frequently, unwanted mystery programs come in groups which are designed to protect and reactivate each other. Even if you tell Scotty to remove and kill a Startup Program, another partner program will replace the data removed by WinPatrol.
If WinPatrol detects the same program repeating itself, Scotty will automatically mark this program as Disabled. While "Disabled", WinPatrol will continue to remove the Startup Program but if other programs are actively replacing it more action is recommended.
  You can read it all here if you have a standard WinPatrol installation.  Note: this link calls up a help page on your PC, not the Internet.

So, from where I sit it *looks* like AllMyNotes won't operate unless it can have a place in the startup group.  To be fair, I have made some low-level changes to my files lately, but I am at a loss as to why changing other seemingly unrelated files would change the behavior of AllMyNotes? 

Anyone else had this behavior?

MetaRoot

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Vladonai Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2010, 04:59 PM »
So, from where I sit it *looks* like AllMyNotes won't operate unless it can have a place in the startup group.  To be fair, I have made some low-level changes to my files lately, but I am at a loss as to why changing other seemingly unrelated files would change the behavior of AllMyNotes? 

AllMyNotes works perfectly well if disable autostartup. I think the problem is somewhere else, possibly something happened with installation itself, try to re-install the software, sometimes such trivial things help.

Note: upon reinstall you data will not be lost, as it's store din My Documents folder.

In case of further problems please free to contact us directly - afterall, you have Deluxe license, which means that you can expect priority support!

MetaRoot

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Vladonai Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2010, 05:02 PM »
One thing I have not been able to find and is crucial to thought-flow, is a global keyboard shortcut to present an open note even if AllMyNotes is minimized or in the systray.  If it is there already, I would appreciate a heads-up on where to find it.  If it is not, then accept this as a request for a user-defined global keyboard shortcut (Ex: Windows-Ctrl-A, Shift-Alt-N, etc.).

Your feature request is filed to our bug tracking system, hopefully w'ell have it implemented soon enough.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2010, 06:43 PM »
AllMyNotes works perfectly well if disable autostartup. I think the problem is somewhere else, possibly something happened with installation itself, try to re-install the software, sometimes such trivial things help.

Note: upon reinstall you data will not be lost, as it's store din My Documents folder.
Ah!  Nice to hear that my installation is aberrant!  I will reinstall and report back.

In case of further problems please free to contact us directly - afterall, you have Deluxe license, which means that you can expect priority support!
I have a license?  I thought all I had was a trial period?  Send info via PM, if you don't mind.  :)

ellias23

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2010, 08:50 AM »
Is a very good application, i have installed today. No virus at all.free edition installed.