ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: MP3Drive

<< < (4/7) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Have you checked the Creative website for updates? There is now an automatic detect and update service on the site which works a lot better than their old download and hope approach. You may find that there is a PlayForSure firmware update there which means that it works natively within Windows XP - certainly the Zen Micro has this firmware update but they didn't ship it as standard because not all Windows versions support PlayForSure technology. Worth checking out if it is possible, and then I think you will find the shortcut method works for you.

Josh:
Already using latest firmware, also checked manual. No mention of associating a drive letter with my player. It all makes reference to using the listing under my computer, which is a pain in the butt as I am a very keyboard oriented person and that makes for wasted time in my books.

Josh:
So, any takers please? I am desperate :(

MattBrown68:
Josh, does the drive appear in the Disk Management MMC Snap-In? If so, you should be able to right click it there and assign a drive letter.

To get to the Disk Management Snap-In:

* Right Click on "My Computer"
* Select "Manage"
* Select "Disk Management" under "Storage"

Also, according to this Creative Zen Micro FAQ, you can do this by enabling "Removable Disk Mode" under the "Extras" setting. However, it may not show up the same in the Windows music player. You can go to Creative support and look at Solution #6617 and do some Googling for more information.

Otherwise, I think your request may be quite difficult, especially without a Zen Micro of my own.

Josh:
Wont work under the zen touch 40GB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version